Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- FULL TIME
To supervise the operation of the University Counseling Center program and staff and to interact as needed with the academic staff and administration.
Start date will be approximately May 2021.
- Manages the operation of the ORU Counseling Center.
- Responsible for hiring, supervising and authorizing time records for appropriate staff.
- Coordinate schedules and responsibilities for student interns.
- Attend all Student Affairs Management and staff meetings.
- Conduct weekly Counseling Center staff meetings.
- Prepares and manages fiscal operating budget for the department as approved by the Dean of Students.
- Emphasizing preventive and developmental counseling, assist students with coping skills necessary to deal with problems.
- Provide counseling to students with social, behavioral and personal problems.
- In the context of a crisis, communicate with the office of Dean of Students, a recommendation for appropriate action.
- Make referrals to outside clinics or hospitals for students needing psychiatric care in conjunction with the Dean of Men, Dean of Women, or the Dean of Students.
- Administer psychological assessments such as the personality inventory.
- Assist in the training of student leaders during orientation as requested.
- Evaluate and revise Counseling Center programs and recommend to the Dean of Students for appropriate action.
EDUCATION: Requires a Masters degree and an Oklahoma L.P.C. Credentialing as a LPC/LMFT supervisor is preferred.
Requires 3-5 years of experience to include supervisory experience. Some supervisory experience in managing staff, interns, and/or practicum students is helpful. Experience operating a departmental budget is also helpful. Should be able to integrate theological values and ethics within psychological paradigms. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills are essential.
Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor in all situations to include emergencies. Christian professional and ethical behavior must be exhibited and maintained. Confidentiality of information is required.