The Sales Executive
The Sales Executive sits on MDR’s emerging New Customer Acquisition team, responsible for expanding MDR’s market share from traditional education industry B2B clients, to clients who want to leverage the school channel in support of cause related, workforce pipeline, or consumer/brand marketing goals.
- New Customer Acquisition – Using a consultative approach, manage the full sales cycle to aggressively grow MDR’s customer portfolio through sales development, lead generation, discovery, qualification, solution definition, contract negotiation and program launch.
- Revenue – Sell the full complement of MDR’s products & services at or above accountability, determine and fulfill customer needs, plan & execute account growth strategies, conduct face-to-face consultations, generate and close proposals, and superbly manage all levels of customer care/support. The Relationship Manager will prepare and deliver compelling presentations and pitches to the C-Level as well as the director and manager level.
- Client Relationships – Build relationships with clients through superb discovery processes and relationship building. Acquire and maintain knowledge about each customer’s sales, marketing, and branding initiatives, specifically related to efforts targeting the education segment, including reach to students and parents. The role requires a comprehensive understanding of the relationship between the customers’ business and goals and how MDR’s integrated solutions can uniquely drive client success.
- Strategy – Serve as a trusted advisor to new and existing clients by developing winning marketing and engagement strategies that exceed client goals. Develop and execute client acquisition and growth strategies with MDR senior leadership and other team members through detailed planning,
- Performance – This role is responsible for meeting and exceeding overall revenue targets through the acquisition of new, and renewal of current revenue within an assigned territory.
- Industry Knowledge – MDR representatives deliver insight, leadership, and credibility. The Sales Executive will serve as a trusted advisor, leading clients through thoughtful, proactive, and compelling strategies that help them achieve their goals. Experience selling or executing successful integrated marketing or brand engagement programs, and overall knowledge and expertise in contemporary and legacy marketing channels is required.
- Results oriented, problem solving, and thought leadership required. A strategic thinker with the ability to manage a large sales territory and exercise independence, autonomy, and sound judgment in making strategic business recommendations and decisions. Exceptional consultative sales skills, including superior written and verbal communication, organizational, customer relations and interpersonal skills. Track record of success selling agency services, marketing services, brand engagement, or sponsorship programs is a plus.
- Demonstrated solution selling ability resulting in the successful sale of large-scale integrated marketing campaigns, ideally into the education segment. Key attributes include high level discovery and probing skills, superior pitch and presentation abilities, superb communication, an engaging client-facing persona, and an overall ability to lead customers with highly credible insight and knowledge of best practice.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in new customer acquisition.
- Proven track record of achieving/exceeding quota-driven goals.