Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
11 - 15 years
Posted 97 days ago
We are recognized as a leader in customer service and credit this success to our 3,800 employees in 44 offices across the country. Our benefits package includes high-quality medical, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability insurance and more.
Our office in Lincoln, RI is seeking a Director of Corporate Compliance to oversee the Corporate Compliance Program, functioning as an independent and objective unit that reviews and evaluates compliance issues within the organization. This position has primary responsibility for ensuring compliance with company policies and applicable state and federal laws and regulations regarding the business of insurance and the operations of the company, and reports to the General Counsel.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Develops, implements, manages and leads the Corporate Compliance Program, providing centralization, coordination and oversight of company-wide compliance activities.
• Establishes formalized standards for compliance functions, including policy and procedure maintenance.
• Stays abreast of laws and regulations that might impact the company’s policies and procedures.
• Oversees employee compliance training and ensures completion of all required courses.
• Oversees enhancements of department level compliance activities.
• Coordinates company responses to consumer complaints.
• Audits compliance with policies and practices; verifies that deficiencies are documented and corrected.
• Establishes and coordinates proper reporting channels for compliance issues.
• Serves as the liaison to regulatory agencies, Departments of Insurance, and other regulators, as directed by the General Counsel, including coordination of market conduct examination responses.
• Serves as the primary subject matter expert for new or enhanced compliance policies or procedures.
• Develops reporting structure to periodically brief the Board Audit Committee of compliance issues and trends in the industry.
• Utilizes GRC technology and coordinates with company risk management.
• May be called upon to handle related duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Law Degree / Juris Doctor preferred.
• Minimum 10 years’ relevant working experience, including regulatory or regulatory-relationship management experience.
• Must possess robust problem solving and analytical skills, with diligence and superior attention to detail.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent influencing, facilitation and partnership skills.