The Director of Corporate Communications sets and executes the strategic communications direction for the business development, policy, trust and security, legal, open innovation and IT teams, and drives executive communications for the Chief Operating Officer.
You will report to the Director of Global Communications, working closely with, and directing in-house communications staff and external agency resources to drive a communications agenda with measurable outcomes that positions Mozilla and its Chief Operating Officer as mission-driven, innovative technology business and policy leaders.
What’s needed is a hands-on, senior communications professional with exceptional general communications and media relations/social mediaexperience and a passion for the nexus between technology, business and policy. To be successful, you should have 8-10 years experience creating and implementing high-impact PR and outreach campaigns for variety of audiences.
You will be joining a small team distributed across three continents. This role involves a high degree of proactive and strategic project development and people management and is extremely cross-functional, liaising with colleagues in virtually every part of Mozilla, as well as outside partners. You must have the ability to direct and interface effectively with senior-level executives and work in an open and highly-matrixed environment.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired with 8-10 years of progressive leadership experience in media relations, and business and executive communications.
- Strong media relations experience with the ability to create traditional and digital media campaigns that produce coverage and positive business impact.
- Proven track record driving strategy and providing counsel, as well as executing programs with a measurable ROI.
- Extensive experience creating effective media campaigns and social media programs that integrate into larger marketing programs.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and junior staff.
- Strong team collaboration skills to work cooperatively within an organization, across functional departments and geographies.
- Experience successfully managing direct reports preferred.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills and budgeting.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Self-reliant, results oriented with a passion for policy, open source technology and product and business communications.