Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 7+ years experience in PR and/or internal communications. Advertising and/or in-house experience required.
- PR Agency experience required
- Extensive knowledge of Associated Press style guidelines
- Ensure executive alignment and support behind all major agency communications.
- Responsible for growth and development of junior team members.
- Ensure the GSD&M story, including the company vision for the future, is woven through every agency touchpoint. Work closely with new business, media, account leadership and all relevant disciplines to ensure the story is reflected appropriately in each unique opportunity.
- Ensure a cohesive, modern brand internally and externally through communications
- Prioritize internal and external communications to evolve and protect the GSD&M brand.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Passion for creativity, ideas and creative solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail critical.
- Ability to maintain an enthusiastic and calm demeanor, and provide strategic guidance at all times.
- A visionary approach to building and protecting the GSD&M brand.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all sensitive information.
- Personify, maintain and project GSD&M's core values of Community, Freedom & Responsibility, Integrity, Winning, Curiosity & Restlessness.
- Go-getter, problem-solver, resourceful, collaborator, reliable and dedicated team member!
GSD&M Austin Office
DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS
The Director of Corporate Communications serves as the chief liaison for GSD&M's brand in the marketplace. This leader will also be responsible for managing internal communications within the agency.
- Manage PR efforts by maintaining strong press relationships and strategically communicating key business messages and news announcements to national, trade and local press.
- Develop PR materials including press pitches, bylines, Q&As, briefing documents, talking points, speeches and presentation decks, etc.
- Help prepare the executive team and senior leadership for public speaking engagements, press interviews, internal speaking opportunities, etc.
- Manage relationships, identify goals and expectations, and oversee all objectives and tasks with external PR agency.
- Work hand-in-hand with the HR team to develop and roll-out comprehensive internal communications plans including but not limited to employee engagement and culture building and preservation through internal communication, events and initiatives.
- Partner with VP/Community Relations to host external agency-wide events including community-and-staff events, annual SXSW party at GSD&M, off-site employee events, etc.
- Partner with Consumer Engagement Group to maintain and grow communications vehicles through integrated strategies including but not limited to GSDM.com, GSD&M Client Newsletter, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Spotify and more.
- Attend cross-department meetings to learn about and contribute to upcoming agency and client projects, and lead communication efforts to raise participation, awareness, and effectiveness of major activities.
- Partner with VP/Community Relations to support agency pro bono advertising efforts through client and internal communication, project management, strategic cross-vertical PR planning, etc.
- Manage agency awards beginning-to-end creation and submission by determining appropriate awards, developing submission, and tracking the entire awards process.
- Establish and manage internal agency events including but not limited to executive thought leadership, town halls, social gatherings, First Mondays, Quarterly and Annual All-agency Check-ins, conferences, etc., to feed employee curiosity and fuel restlessness and evolution.
- Manage all internal agency communication including but not limited to internal emails, executive-to-employee communication, events, etc., to maintain strong agency voice, POV and culture. Establish and communicate each unique executive voice in all communications.
- Actively participate within the executive team to set the vision for the future and ensure clear communication to the agency through various touch points.