Job ID: CEP000395
The Director of Corporate Accounts - IDN will ensure market presence, increase sales and drive revenue growth with large customers as assigned. Also the Director of Corporate Accounts - IDN interfaces with marketing, sales, finance, legal, technical and field service in the management of a targeted list of strategic accounts within the diagnostics market segment. This role is to facilitate and develop business activities within the assigned account responsibilities. The focus will be to contribute to and achieve specific sales objectives, both tactical and strategic. Success will be demonstrated by the ability to achieve sales goals, execute purchase agreements/contracts, drive compliance, support sales strategies, and carry out marketing strategies throughout the healthcare system on a cross-functional basis and their respective stake holders.
- Strategic account management through identification, analysis and prioritization of Corporate Accounts, national/regional contracts as assigned, including the evaluation of competitive activity, identification of key opportunities, and development of account objectives and collaborative implementation.
- Establish and cultivate relationships between Cepheid and accounts by maintaining close interaction with senior management and executives, both internal and external.
- Provide corporate representation at the assigned Corporate Account headquarters, and on an individual institution basis.
- Establish company and products credibility at executive levels including the National Molecular Practice Committee, Pharmacy, Infection Control, Infectious Disease, etc.
- Conducts quarterly business reviews with manager and customer creation, negotiation, execution, and management of legal agreements/contracts at regional & national levels.
- Achieve sales goals by partnering with the field sales organization in closing new business and by monitoring and driving national account contract compliance.
- Organize webinars, symposiums and workshops.
- Nurture and establish relationships and credibility with all buyers - technical, contracting, executive.
- Report results, ongoing issues, market insights, strategies, tactics, feedback to peers and management.
- Devise & communicate Programs to Corporate Accounts and sales implementation upon marketing approvals prior to launch.
- Manage a concerted & coordinated effort at all levels with field sales organization.
- Work with local sales representatives to educate and align national account customers in support of sales and adoption of products.
- Represent Cepheid in various corporate account conventions and industry functions to position the company as a leader in our market space.
- Engage Cepheid headquarters and executive management in VIP business development meetings with Key Customer Groups.
- Authorize, develop and support proposed policy, pricing, contracting and marketing business initiatives in order to solve marketplace/customer problems while managing Cepheid's financial and legal exposure.
- Lead, consult and collaborate with multi-level, cross-functional teams both internal and external on developing business strategies for business development, marketing, promoting and selling of Cepheid products.
- Effectively manage all available resources to support customers.
- Supports company vision and direction.
- Mentor Level I Corporate Account Managers.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 6-years successful sales management, or marketingexperience. Prior national account management experiencerequired. A significant portion of this time in the development of his or her company's corporate account strategy and/or presence.
- The successful candidate will bring pre-existing relationships and contacts to leverage into this new position.
- A Bachelor's degree in a Life Science (Clinical Laboratory, Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry) or equivalent industry-related experience is required.
- The individual must have strong management, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Must be self-starter, well organized, and able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects at once. Action oriented, confident and keen ability to effectively coach, lead, and engage people who are not direct reports.