$130K — $160K *
*Job is subject to close
* All applicants must apply on the LAUSD Talent Acquisition and Selection Branch website to be officially considered
ABOUT THE ROLE:
To individuals who have worked on large service or construction contracts, the Los Angeles Unified School District may have a job opportunity for you. The role is called Director of Contracts Administration (Facilities) where you will have the responsibility of the District Facilities contract function. This function includes procurement, public works contracts, professional services contracts, architectural and engineering contracts, and project management agreements.
Director of Contracts Administration (Facilities) oversees the staff responsible for the day-to-day management of professional services contracts.
Duties assigned include:
· Directing and overseeing the development and implementation of procurement policy for all District construction contracts and agreements
· Implementing innovative changes in procurement strategies;
· Overseeing and directing legal aspects of contracting strategy to enhance efficiency and minimize procurement related litigation;
· Planning, organizing, directing and coordinating strategic implementation planning and acquisition efforts for facilities contracts administration, and professional services contracts associated with existing facilities modernization and new construction;
· Developing and recommending policies and procedures for contracting for shared risk management between the District and performing contractors.
Graduation with a bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university preferably with a major in architecture, engineering, construction management, business or public administration or related field. An advanced degree in Business Administration or Public Administration is preferred. Courses in accounting, finance, personnel management and business law are preferable.
Four years of management experience with government contracting processes, including at least two years of experience managing personnel responsible for the development and administration of large construction contracts or professional services contracts in a program greater than $200 million.
Any one of the following is preferable:
· A valid Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM)
· A valid Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) credential by the National Contract Management Association (NCMA)
· A valid California Driver License and the availability of private transportation or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation.
District paid premiums for the employee and eligible dependents of medical, dental, and vision insurance and life insurance plans.
Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS).
Vacation: 24 days each year.
Paid Holidays: 12 days.
Valid through: 11/11/2021