The Director of Contracting is the Head of the Contracting Services Department and oversees all MIT Lincoln Laboratory contracting, subcontracting, purchasing and logistics operations. This is a senior leadership position reporting to the Assistant Director for Operations. The Head, Contracting Services Department will provide strategic leadership, management oversight and direction to an organization of approximately one hundred staff. The successful candidate will be a strategic partner to MIT Lincoln Laboratory’s senior leaders and will provide key counsel and support to the research project teams. This role requires strong leadership and strategic oversight of contract and subcontract management activities. These activities include executive-level management engagement and frequent interaction with U.S. Government contracting and audit officers and representatives.
- Serve as leader of a contracting department at a dynamic research organization under contract with the USAF
- Organize, lead and develop the team and processes to manage the prime contract, subcontracts, purchasing and logistics functions
- Develop and implement programs, policies and practices to ensure compliance with prime contract requirements, FAR/DFARs regulations and MIT policies.
- Oversees the Export Control, Release Review, Ethics Program, and Small Business Programs
- Develop and monitor organizational performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of the organization
- Identifies innovation solutions to optimize organization’s effectiveness and efficiency
- Assist in the acquisition planning and negotiation of complex Government contracts and subcontracts
- Perform key role model, mentoring and training for organization’s early career staff
- 15 years of progressive relevant work experience with supervisory and managerial experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal acquisition concepts and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Experience and successful record of process improvement implementation
- Experience and successful record of staff development and mentoring
- Excellent written communication skills – can analyze complex problems in a manner that is clear, concise and logical
- Excellent verbal communication skills – speaks in a clear, professional style
- Demonstrated success solving complex acquisition and contracting problems
- Demonstrated effective experience interacting with US Government acquisition and contracting personnel
- Bachelor Degree in relevant business field of study
- Masters degree in relevant business field
- Government experience as contracting officer
Professional certifications desired include:
- CFCM-Certified Federal Contracts Manager
- CPCM- Certified Professional Contracts Manager