The Director of Contract Manufacturing will responsible for developing and managing the contract manufacturing network for PetSmart Proprietary Brands Consumables, Hard Goods, and Specialty sourced in North America. This position requires strong demonstrated negotiation, analytical/problem solving skills and an ability to implement new sourcing initiatives and lean/continuous improvement programs. Directs organization's overall North America Proprietary brand co-manufacturing operations, including: sourcing, production planning, purchasing and inventory of packaging materials and finished goods, and selection of vendors. Develops strategic plans to improve productivity, cost, quality, and efficiency of operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all manufacturers are meeting service, cost, quality, sustainability and innovation needs
- Ensure adequate capacity from all suppliers to meet our development plans
- Create sourcing strategies for contract manufacturers
- Identify new suppliers and capabilities as needed for innovative product launches or extensions
- Develop formal quarterly supplier relationship management for all primary suppliers
- Execute and maintain supply agreements
- Develop and own price lists for each supplier and ensure accuracy in the item set up process
- Responsible for the overall operational management of our external contract manufacturing network while ensuring alignment to strategic goals and objectives of our supply chain.
- Responsible for operations and supply chain execution of our external manufacturing sites including measuring performance tracking KPIs and holding regular reviews with our key partners including MP&A, Product Development, and Brand to ensure consistent performance.
- Lead efforts to optimize the flow of inventory from receipt of raw materials to deployment of finished goods; drive inventory accuracy and real time visibility to production
- Lead sourcing strategy to deliver ongoing cost savings targets
- Ensure raw material, packaging, and finished good suppliers meet on time delivery and supply demands
- Work between internal stakeholders and supplier to develop accurate demand forecast and timely production scheduling
- Drives production lead time optimization and production efficiency cost reductions
- Lead a new team and develop overall proprietary brand sourcing, co-manufacturing and production management strategy to deliver on innovation and product optimization goals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BS degree in Engineering, Technology, Supply Chain Management, Business, or Operations. Master’s a plus. 10+years of experience in supply chain management or operations in a CPG environment.