Job Location : Los Angeles, CA
Salary : Open
Mandatory : Grocery/Provision/Supermarket Experience
Reports to : Chief Operating Officer
The Director Continuous Improvement, will lead the organization in achievement of efficiency and effectiveness savings. Serving as member of the Company’s Leadership Team and drive a continuous improvement mindset within the organization.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead the company’s (all districts, total org.) cost savings program to meet annual targets. This includes working with Company’s executive team, store operations and others to build a robust idea pipeline, validate ideas, coach teams and execute projects.
· Oversee and direct continuous improvement activities for store operations, to include warehouse and transportation operations.
· Communicate progress through all levels of the organization
· Identify and implement improvements and track and monitor project progress.
· Develop methods to increase productivity, decrease costs, maintain caliber and consistency in current procedures and discover new procedures.
· Support, guide and train other personnel in formulating and implementing process improvement initiatives
· Review process designs for production possibility and initiate improvement actions as necessary.
· Establishing and maintaining KPIs related to continuous improvement, including those that demonstrate an optimal and achievable plan.
· Helping remove roadblocks for teams pursuing continuous improvement.
· Leveraging lean office and ‘best in class’ problem solving so that maximum value is returned to our customers.
· Accountable for deploying and coaching Lean practices, Kaizen, and Six-Sigma processes across all levels of the organization to deliver business results.
· Identifying organizational inefficiencies and leads activities using cross-functional resources to deliver business results
· Leading development of a robust continuous improvement tracker that captures key information, uses workflow for visibility to new ideas and initiatives and provides on-demand, easy to use reporting.
· Benchmarking and best practice sharing across the organization.
· Supporting implementation of improvements for process efficiency, quality and control KPIs.
· Partnering withinternal and external customers, at all levels to identify trends, propose strategies, and resolve performance issues.
· Promoting a customer-centered, culture serving, to internal/external customers, striving to exceed customers’ needs, requirements, and expectations.
· Contributing to a team environment that is focused on high performance and operational excellence, as well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Continuous Improvement.
Knowledge and Skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Deep analytical and problem solving skills
Strong negotiation and decision making skills
Sense of urgency and ownership of resolution, meeting established performance objectives and customer commitments
Strong collaboration skills and ability to partner with key internal/external customer to drive change & continuous improvement
Strong business acumen and leadership skills
Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
Solid time management skills
Required Education and Experience
Extensive years of related experience
Experience presenting results to an executive team
Experience working in a process or data driven environment
Prior experience in a continuous improvement leadership role
Six SigmaBlack Belt Certified
Master Black Belt Certified
Responsible for the direction, supervision and interaction with everyone involved in the continuous improvement department.
· Travel for this role is approximately 50-75% with overnight stays from time to time.
- Will be required to work at various locations, within various departments, throughout the projects, as needed.
- May also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an exempt level position; schedule would be based on business necessity and coordinated through the reporting supervisor.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work per the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.