Come make your mark on the world of travel by joining Expedia’s Global Product Team as Director of Content Operations. You will work with the broader product teams, user experience teams and content strategists to understand the opportunities and gaps in how Expedia is defining the world. Your goals will include evaluating content quality, content gaps and content coverage. You will use a data driven approach to find the most pressing opportunities and provide mentorship to the group about how to best approach the solutions.
This person will focus on understanding destination, geography and property content with a focus of engaging our travellers and help people find the best travel products to match their needs. To be successful in this role you will need to be data driven, understand and formulate strategies and manage cross-team expectations around the creation, maintenance, distribution and evaluation metrics of content. You will need to influence and create accountability throughout the organization through strong relationship and executive support.
To be successful, you need to be passionate about traveller needs and finding a structured approach to fulfilling those needs. You will be able to answer questions about what content we need to add, how best to add that content and if that content is effective. The content you handle will be used by product, marketing and retail. This leader will have an understating of ecommerce methodologies as well as a technical understanding of how products get built and released.
This is a new discipline within Expedia and an opportunity to help define a strong new direction. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to affect change, we want to speak with you.
- Create and communicate clear and focused strategy for destination, hotel and geography content, including key goals and targets.
- Identify opportunities to improve content and be responsible for the plan to bring this to reality.
- Build metrics to assess content quality, coverage and gaps
- Lead end to end implementation and project plans to deliver new opportunities.
- Partner, inspire, and work with a team of content strategists, product managers data scientists and analysts.
- Work closely with Product, Supply Operations, Technology, User Experience, SEM, SEO, and other Expedia Inc. brands to drive conversion improvements, customer engagement and traffic.
- Clearly communicate findings and recommendations from initiatives to leadership team and to the broader organization.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships and alignment with other functional groups within Expedia Inc.
- Great speaker who can create solid business cases and showcase results.
- Experience with analytics and/or working with analytics teams.
- International experience preferred / multi-cultural awareness required.
- Ability to interpret business objectives and user needs into content success metrics and opportunities.
- You have admirable attention to detail and organizational skills, while leading multiple concurrent projects.
- Previous experience in managing and effectively influencing large matrixed teams in a very dynamic industry with demonstrated experience delivering large projects.
- Impressive record of making quantifiable, data driven business decisions.
- Desire and ability to learn quickly.
- Work effectively in a lean, entrepreneurial & global environment.
- Direct and transparent approach to communication.
- Passion and tenacity for solving problems through creativity and resourcefulness.
- Results orientation that is balanced between both long-term objectives and short-run performance.
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by creating structure and prioritizing effectively.
- Ability to inspire and motivate partners and colleagues that do (and some that do not) directly report to you.
- Previous success working in a highly matrixed environment.
- MBA iis deal with a demonstrated amount of experience post MBA.
- Consistent record of business analysis driven and fact based decision making.
- Familiarity with ecommerce functionality as it relates to web analytics.
- Understanding of feedback loops and the core concepts of internet products.