The Director of Content Marketing for LIKEtoKNOW.it (LTK) is responsible for delivering growth and engagement in our owned consumer channels. This role collaboratively owns the content strategy across the LTK digital properties, and is responsible for creating, distributing and measuring sharable content across web and social platforms. This role will be accountable for engagement and retention goals as well as consumer performance metrics, and will work closely with the internal marketing operations and design teams to develop and to deliver against the annual content marketing plans.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering bar-raising, best in class content across all owned digital touchpoints, with experience in producing for paid amplification at-scale. The candidate should balance a creative background, with strategic marketing skills to develop longer term strategies while maintaining daily content output and operations. This role has supervisory responsibilities, and should have strong emotional intelligence to train and mentor teams.
The primary goals of this position are:
- Creative effectiveness
- Channel health and engagement
- Customer acquisition and retention
- GMV contribution
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Accountable for performance across digital marketing channels; including LTK web properties and social handles
- Develop the annual content marketing plan and launch calendars in sync with the larger brand sales calendar and tentpole initiatives to maximize content production at-scale during key time periods; with close attention to cultural moments and real-time content opportunities to augment and optimize the content strategy on an ongoing-basis
- Collaborate with the paid media team to develop best in class content for paid amplification, delivering upon the creative brief and optimizing based on performance
- Build and strengthen relationships with key marketing partners internally, and key platforms externally, to test new content opportunities and to collaborate on best practices across channels
- Focus on acquiring new and retaining existing consumers through the management of digital marketing programs; recommend opportunities to further optimize marketing mix and ROAS to drive returns and deeper engagement at-scale
- Leverage data and performance analytics to accelerate improvements in overall digital marketing performance and customer acquisition and retention
- Drive ROI on consumer marketing for CAC, MAU/MAPU, LTV, churn, etc. specific to web and social channels; with the ability to produce insights across channels to contribute to the overall marketing plan optimization
- Provide clear and regular reporting on performance and channel operations, collaborate closely with marketing operations, design and paid media to optimize against results in near real-time
- Directly influence marketing and social media technologies; enabling capabilities and optimizations to current MarTech that drive and improve performance
- Proactively manage timelines to ensure on-time deliverables, identify potential roadblocks and adjust to mitigate risks and to ensure that campaigns run smoothly; maintain a proactive outlook in terms of campaign management, allowing for real-time responsiveness to channel engagement
- Develop an intimate understanding of our consumer, while partnering closely with the Sr Director of Growth Marketing to understand deeper consumer segmentation and prospective segments; deliver content strategies across both core and aspirational customer segments
- Institute best practices across social, including daily social listening and continuously monitor campaign activity, establish A/B tests, evaluate results and make proactive course corrections to ensure that initiatives meet expectations; including real-time responses and crisis management
- Drive web and social content operations; maintaining content calendars, collaborating on creative grids, task management in collaboration with internal teams and daily/weekly/monthly campaign reporting
- Simplify and succinctly convey complex information and idea within all levels of the organization; back ideas and initiatives with a data-driven approach
- Mindful of global rollout and addressing localization needs for advancing adoption
- Seasoned digital marketing expert with predominate subject matter expertise in content and social marketing, including web, social and paid channel optimization; able to flex across creative content planning, paid collaboration and project management skills
- Well versed across both owned and paid strategies, with the ability to plan proactively. A self-starter, bar-raiser and natural collaborator, this role must build key connections both internally and externally, while communicating and delivering complex strategies effectively.
- Able to perform granular performance analytics, with understanding of multi-touch attribution modeling and experience sharing insights across interdisciplinary teams. Ability to build new solutions from the ground up, identifying and filling gaps.
- Strong emotional intelligence to build strategies under-pressure, while training and managing a team of direct reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Communications; MBA preferred but not required
- 8+ years of experience directly authoring and managing consumer marketing programs, preferably through social media, web and paid channels
- Experience in producing creative content across paid platforms, including video/OTT, creative production background preferred
- Experience working within MarTech solutions, including content planning tools, buying and serving/tracking software, and analytic tools/dashboards
- Deep understanding of content strategy and paid media creative optimization; able to plan, place and optimize media buys, while building partnerships with key platforms
- Versed in consumer behavior and proven expert at driving engagement at-scale
- Rich understanding of data, experienced at running a/b tests, developing content strategies for both the long and short term, and optimizing them
- Strong analytics and business acumen leveraging results to make recommendations for future actions; balanced commercial and creative mindset, while being a calculated risk-taker
- Proven track record leading consumer engagement and retention, including utilizing performance marketing and analytics to optimize strategy in real-time
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Bias to action, being familiar with methods and approaches needed to get things done in a collaborative, lean and fast-moving environment
- Strong collaboration and team building skills; an approachable leader with exceptional communication skills
- Respond effectively to complex and ambiguous problems; thriving on the opportunity to own, innovate, create and re-evaluate
- Natural bar-raiser; a “can-do” attitude, proactive, curious are absolute musts
What's in it for you?
- Interesting problems to solve
- Competitive comp and benefits including retirement plans
- Flexible work schedule plus Summer Fridays (Workday ends at 3pm)
- Disrupting the retail industry!
- Work and workout from home with our live Virtual Fitness Classes!
- Virtual Company Happy Hours and Virtual Team Events!
What you have to look forward to should you choose to work in a rewardStyle Office:
- Fully stocked bars and kitchen (free snacks all day!)
- Catered meals weekly
- Monthly Chair massages
- Laidback office environment
- Monthly themed Happy Hours!
- Free access to state of the art gym while working in or visiting our Dallas HQ
- Free Covered Parking on-site while working in or visiting our Dallas HQ