Hint, one of the fastest growing beverage companies in the market, is looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join our team as Director of Content. This person will be responsible for building the Hint Brand through a combination of compelling content creation and engagement strategies across paid and owned channels.
The perfect candidate will have an equal combination of creative and strategic experience, who knows how to connect content, social, and digital efforts directly to business growth objectives. The Director of Content will have the ability to create content, as well as build a community of storytellers and creators, while working with teams inside the organization to support our overall brand and growth goals. This role is based in our San Francisco or New York office, will manage a team of two direct reports and will initially report to the CMO.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop and create written content that elevates the brand while delivering on performance goals and aligning our content and social media strategy (channels, platforms) to maximize reach and impact.
- Drive a content roadmap that considers the objectives and needs of performance and brand marketing teams.
- Build a scalable content marketing engine that drives followers, engagement, builds brand awareness, and builds a sense of community with hint customers.
- Stay on task by being organized and meeting all editorial deadlines for the brand; create and own the content promotional calendar and publication schedules.
- Manage a cross-functional team of junior and freelance writers and video content producers, to meet all strategic deliverables. Develop goals and establish standards for measurement.
- Work with the marketing team to collaborate on SEO techniques and share measurable KPIs for organic traffic generation; supporting the company’s SEO goals through content, partnerships, and social media efforts.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Direct to Consumer Teams to develop partner-driven content and distribution opportunities that align with brand and business marketing initiatives.
- Strategize, brief, plan, and lead execution of campaigns to support key brand, product, and business objectives, bringing ideas from presentation to production.
- Ensure content is on-brand and consistent in terms of style and tone, and is optimized to deliver the same user experience across all channels.
- Partner with Product/Brand Marketing and Digital Marketing teams to identify, create, and repurpose content to support sales, acquisition and lifecycle marketing needs through campaigns, landing pages, blogs, etc.
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 8+ years in content/editorial positions at a top brand or agency, with experience in social, digital, and traditional media. Experience working at a Magazine is a preferred plus.
- In-depth knowledge of content, editorial, social and digital marketing trends, best practices, and tools of the trade with a curiosity and thirst for continuous discovery and learning.
- Proven understanding of, and experience with creating content and effective distribution to elevate a brand in terms of cultural conversation and business impact.
- Hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves style, used to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and follow up skills; used to meeting and hitting deadlines under pressure.
- Extraordinary written and oral communication skills; with direct experience working with and leading editorial and creative teams.
- Strong analytical and technical skills to establish the framework to measure the results of content, social media and SEO initiatives.
- Deep connection to local brand/agency community and people resources.
- Proven leader with demonstrated experience in building strategic creative plans.
- Passionate about a healthy lifestyle, nutrition and promoting a product that enables customers to make healthy choices without sacrificing taste.
- Bachelors degree required