At Cortland Partners, you map the story of your success. We don't adhere to the status quo, we love outside industry perspective, and we thrive on exploring possibilities and reimagining solutions. As an innovative leader in multifamily, our high performance continues to drive exponential growth – and we invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge your own career path, love what you do, and let it show.
As the Director of Quality Assurance, you manage a team of specialists responsible for materials testing and monitoring construction activities at sites to ensure the required work is being performed properly.
Roles You'll Play
- Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency
- Create, implement, and document inspection and testing criteria, methodologies or procedures
- Direct product testing activities and the tracking of defects, test results, or other regularly reported quality control data throughout production cycles
- Develop and implement quality policies, regulations, and industrial processes
- Approve materials to be used in accordance with contract drawings and specifications
THE MASTER COMMUNICATOR
- Communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, and contractors
- Confer with management and other departments to define client requirements and expectations
- Analyze quality control test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management or staff
- Develop, collect, and report performance metrics as needed to inform senior management
- Train, direct, and supervise otherconstruction inspectors
- Oversee workers including supervisors, inspectors, or laboratory workers engaged in testing activities
- Maintain daily logs and supplement inspection records with photographs, guaranteeing that all documentation is organized
- Assure that deficiencies are corrected in a timely manner and to acceptable measures
- Ensure implementation and documentation of corrective actions; verify implementation and close-out of corrective actions
Our Vision of What Success Looks Like
- Thanks to your amazing suggestions, the processes implemented to ensure quality control have never been better – and the products reflect that!
- You’re such a people person that everyone you interact with – from contractors to senior management – feels like they know exactly what’s going on and are on the same page.
- Thanks to your management and attention to detail, everyone is kept on track and organized.
Your Building Blocks of Success
- 8+ years of related work experience that includes site construction
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management required
- Specialty training, as required and as needed
- Prior experience utilizing documents relating to the development of projects, contracting, and construction is required
- Advanced knowledge of quality control techniques
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex data and develop recommendations and solutions
- Ability to perform data extraction and manipulation, analyze data, and generate reports
The Foundation of Cortland Partners
At Cortland, we create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for over 100,000 residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities in ten states and regional offices in Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Houston, and Orlando. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.