The Director of Merchant Compliance is responsible for One Inc compliance with Payment Brand Rules and Government regulations relative to payment processing services. As an individual contributor and with support staff as needed, you will implement and maintain compliance-related communication and activities, adhering to regulations, fraud and risk management, AML, and safeguard guidelines. You will facilitate the successful completion of compliance audits and ensure compliance requirements of our banking and card brand network relationships are satisfied.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Document and maintain compliance-related procedures and policies
- Lead the development and implementation of the companywide AML compliance program and make improvements as the program matures over time.
- Oversee the work of support staff ensuring completeness, quality and timely work supporting the Compliance initiatives impacting One Inc customer base.
- Coordinate annual Risk Assessment of the Digital Payments and Claims Payment platforms to identify risk exposures and discuss mitigation strategies; complete a report of findings for VP Payment Operations.
- Support with sponsor banks, card brand networks, vendors, and customer due diligence assessments and audits.
- Continuously review industry resources for latest Payments compliance requirements and regulations; answer internal and external inquiries with regard to compliance requirements. Work with appropriate departments on process or procedure enhancements to ensure One Inc maintains compliance with all relevant rules and regulations.
- Manage the merchant PCI program, ensuring all merchants are in compliance with Card Brand and One Inc PCI requirements.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications is required.
- Expert level Excel skills are highly desired.
- Driven, independent self-starter. Strong ability to target things that need doing and to get them done without direction and close oversight.
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable to a fast growing technology company.
- Ability to function with high-level and long-term strategy in mind.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong investigative skills and exceptional analytical skills.
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- An optimistic, "let's get it done" attitude.
- Reliable and professional with a positive, helpful attitude.
- Efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
- Work as a team player.
- Ability to resolve complex problems with minimal guidance.
- Expert in Excel, Word, and Outlook
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience is required.
- 3+ years of Compliance experience preferably in the Payments industry with SaaS technology software solutions and high volume accounts.