Section 1: Position Summary
The Director of Compliance manages various day-to-day activities of the compliance department driving alignment towards our National TPA, achieve budgeted expense targets and associate and client revenue objectives.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and coordinate all of the activities within the FuturePlan Operations team. Specifically, ensuring delivery of compliance test and employer calculations.
- Responsible for organizational planning and annual staffing plans.
- Motivate and lead teams through change.
- Actively seek out ways to improve the associate experience.
- Identification, evaluation, and prioritization of unified processes driving efficiencies.
- Partner and build relationships among key stakeholders, client services, IT, and sales.
- Identify, track, and monitor key performance metrics and recommend operational changes to improve performance.
- Align department priorities to execute on business plan objectives to maximize revenues, client retention and organic sales.
- Participate in strategic initiatives and collaboration opportunities across the organization.
- Manages budget, including developing budget proposals, justifying expenses and monitoring accounts.
- Identify and develop solutions to address risks and assist in the creation of solutions intended to drive alignment.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- 6-8 direct reports who lead team of manager, supervisors and associates
- Lead and direct staff to create an optimal work environment
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent work experience. Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years' experience in retirement services industry, particularly experience with cash balance plans, defined benefit plans and compliance administration for defined contributions plans
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
- Excellent time management and/or project management skills
- Excellent communication skills including presentations and public speaking skills
- Proven leadership experience, with solid decision making skills and building strong operational teams
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the legislative/regulatory environment in the retirement industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to build and maintain strong relationships with a variety of internal and external counterparts
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer