This is not an ordinary mission. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to improve people’s lives by making healthcare work better. You will lead the design and development of innovative and creative benefit and compensation plans and programs that energize and inspire us, influence our performance and corporate culture, engage high performing talent and help us become a destination employer. If this sounds appealing, consider applying for theDirector of Compensation and Benefits.
Premera is the leading health plan in the Pacific Northwest, providing comprehensive health benefits and tailored services to more than 2 million customers, from individuals to Fortune 100 companies. Join us!
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of professional staff in designing and developing Premera’s compensation and benefit strategies, plans and programs
- Collaborate with leaders and stakeholders to ensure a strong employer brand and compelling value proposition with a focus on recruiting and retaining an outstanding workforce
- Drive decisions and make strategic recommendations based on changes in the business, economy and the markets we serve
- Analyze market data as part of the design of innovative, competitive and cost-effective compensation and benefit plans
- Assess market practices, trends, and regulatory environments related to compensation and benefit program design and delivery
What you’ll bring
- An innovative, proactive approach to ensure that our rewards are competitive, easy to understand and valued by our employees
- A solid understanding of compensation and benefit design. Skills in setting strategy, interpreting analysis and trends, business consulting, effective executive and board communications
- Experience in understanding compensation and benefit trends and design
- Effective team leadership skills
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Certified Employment Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) designation or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
What we offer
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (this includes a pension plan!)
- Workplace wellness programs
- Time off to reenergize
- A campus work environment and free parking
- And MORE!