COMMITMENT to DIVERSITY
The successful candidate will demonstrate support for diversity, equity and inclusiveness as well as participate in maintaining a respectful, positive work environment.
ROLE of the POSITION
The Director of Community and Student Engagement is responsible for the following:
- Developing partnerships for experiential learning and community engagement opportunities across the College of Liberal Arts
- Working with faculty in College of Liberal Arts departments to create high-impact instructional practices, projects and approaches that work within their disciplines
- Developing models for experiential learning, active learning, and problem-based learning that are adaptable throughout the college
- Working to secure and manage resources to support student and community engagement, high impact practices, and student success
- Developing and coordinating student events
- Coordinating with Dean's Leadership Board to represent undergraduate engagement activities and foster connections between current students, Board members, and alumni
- Coordinating Registered Student Organizations throughout the College of Liberal Arts, to increase communication within the college and increase overall student engagement and participation in co-curricular activities
- Participating in research related to high impact instructional practices, student engagement and professional development
This position requires a Master's (PhD preferred) in a Liberal Arts discipline from a regionally accredited college or university and 1-3 years teaching experience (3-5 years preferred) in an institution of higher education, familiarity with high-impact instructional practices, and relevant student and community engagementexperience. Evidence of commitment to student success, experienceworking with diverse student body, and participation in faculty development also preferred.
Salary competitive with those at similarly situated institutions. Position is contingent upon funding.