We're on the hunt for a Director of Communications Strategy with 10 - 12 years experience at creatively-driven agencies to lead the agency in helping brands find memorable ways to show up in the world and connect with people. Our clients need help bridging the gap between their messaging and media. This is a rare opportunity for a visionary talent to take the reins of our newly established Communications Strategy capability and do big things from here.
We do our best work as a partner to brands who see their business problem or marketing campaign as an opportunity to defy what is expected from them or what most believe can be achieved. That’s why our agency’s strategic philosophy is anchored in the belief that the category a brand lives is a small place to draw strategic insight from. We go big into culture instead, and look to unexpected places to inspire our strategic ideas.
You’re an exceptional and senior talent who knows the responsibilities that come with this role, so we won’t list them out here. Instead, we’ll describe the type of person who will do extraordinary work in this role. A strong candidate is a talent who thrives most when they get to:
- Lead: Impassioned self-starter with the ability to rally and motivate varied groups of people with different perspective & needs
- Build: Thrives in ambiguous situations where they can define process & approach
- Adapt: Adaptive skill sets that can be customized to the unique challenges of each brief and task
- Stay Curious: Thought leader that constantly strives for more, for themselves and the peers around them
- Uncover fresh and unique insights
- Draw knowledge from unusual places
- Challenge the way things are typically done in this industry, in a client’s category and throughout the strategic process
- Communicate a strategic POV withfinesse and flair
- Command a room during a presentation
This position will report to our Chief Strategy Officer who is known for unlocking strategists’ ability to be bold and brave thinkers and doers. This is enabled by her commitment to providing her leadership team with the following:
- Magnetic agency culture:A positive, energetic and ambitious working environment filled with like minded inspiring-to-be-around people
- Integral influence: Ability and access to make a significant impact on the agency overall, the people, culture, & processes - as well as the creative output
- Trust: Manifested as guided autonomy & the flexibility to make the role your own
- Balance & self-awareness: Work/life balance as a cultural priority - we believe that a well-rounded life leads to high performance
- Mentorship: A strategic leader that empowers and encourages insightful and progressive thinking, while allowing for the mental space to foster creativity
Her ask of the Director of Communications Strategy is an exciting one: establish and put into action a vision for what Zambezi’s Communications Strategy practice stands for and the role this discipline can play in elevating the strategic, creative and new business product of the agency.