Director of Communications
11 - 15 years experience •
FOLIOfn is seeking a dynamic, experienced Director of Communications. The Director of Communications will be responsible for developing and managing communications programs for Folio’s business units. The Director of Communications will conceive, generate and distribute exciting news and content for Folio, utilizing traditional and new media channels to maximize earned media. This person will cultivate relationships with members of the media including bloggers and othersocial media influencers to ensure maximum visibility consistent with brand strategy and corporate goals.
- Collaborate with the CEO, CMO, business owners and other communication staff to develop communications strategy, media approaches and message architecture.
- Work as a team member in building and serving as the in-house news bureau – continuously create highly-effective strategies, pitches and storylines to insert Folio into the news cycle with high frequency across media channels
- Participate in the ongoing creation of an editorial calendar that includes both ad hoc and long-lead initiatives around internal content development, Folio’s blog, and external opportunities
- Write content including press releases to drive media interest and maximize SEO results
- Cultivate and manage active conversations with members of the media to keep Folio top of mind and often engaged for stories in development
- Continuously monitor Folio’s media footprint to maintain the company’s positive corporate reputation
- 10-15years experience leading and driving PR results in the financial services industry is essential
- Comprehensive understanding of the brokerage industry and knowledge of investing concepts and brokerage products is required
- Leadership experience with excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to succeed identifying placement opportunities to engage, pitch and earn media
- Established/current relationships with financial media and online press
- Strong record of academic success
Job ID 2017-1015