Directing the communications team and working closely with IBP’s leadership to develop and oversee the strategic direction, design and planning, implementation, and evaluation of communications, the Director of Communications will embed communications across the organization as a whole. This includes communications strategy and planning, message and content development, as well as design and creative services and digital and video productions. Internally, our professionals enjoy a workplace that is passionate about its mission and is a multi-cultural environment with strong camaraderie as it works towards transforming lives.
- Develop, coordinate, implement, embed and evaluate an IBP-wide integrated communications strategy and planning;
- Serve as a key member of executive management team to ensure that our communications are aligned with organizational goals and integrated strategically into the program work to maximize IBP impact;
- Identify and manage upcoming communications opportunities and priorities and implement strategies accordingly in collaboration with program teams;
- Manage IBP communications staffers and outside contractors.
- Help further establish the organization’s place in the international policy world as a sought-after, independent, nongovernment voice on country and international public finance and development issues, by building on IBP’s leadership in the field and raising the profile of our research and advocacy;
- Advance the organization’s agenda and support its programs through such tools and tactics as strategy and message development, editorial support, social media and digital communications, powerful storytelling, media relations, design and creative services, and digital and video production, among others;
- Oversee all communications policies, guidelines, and processes to: manage the IBP brand; ensure the production of high-quality, high-impact work; and steward organizational resources effectively; and
- Work closely with the Executive Director and the Director of Development to build materials to increase and diversify our funding base.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, and/or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience developing and implementing strategic communications plans that focus on organizational transformation through its approach to communications in the non-profit/social change sector.
- A successful track record in day-to-day communications strategy and tactical implementation, as well as longer-term planning and evaluation.
- Significant experience communicating to a variety of audiences. Experience with media relations.
- Significant experience in leading teams, managing staff, and project operations as well as working overseas and/or on international issues.
- Experience with, or expertise in, budget issues a plus.