Change lives for the better, including yours! At DOTS “detection on the spot”, we’re on a mission to improve the quality of life for millions of people… All while supporting the talent and careers of our team members.
You can join the team that is creating an entirely new paradigm for point of care detection. Our approach will impact the safety of the global food supply, as well as the diagnostic accessibility in the fields of oncology, emergency care, and third-world health.
We’ve spent years developing this novel technology and need your expertise and passion to support the commercialization our first consumer product, a device that can detect food allergens in food prior to eating. This revolutionary product will have a transformative impact on the lives of people with food allergies. If you love the bustle and excitement of a start-up company, using ground-breaking science to do good in the world, this opportunity is for you!
As the Director of Brand & PR, you’ll define the launch communications strategy to build the brand and the business. You’ll create and execute plans to drive consumer awareness, establish trust, and drive conversion and loyalty. In addition, you’ll lead communications planning to drive advocacy of our products among allergists, key opinion leaders, and influencers. Role includes both strategic thinking and hands on execution as a sole contributor.
You’ll report to the CMO and work closely with the CEO and leadership team to realize the vision for the brand, ensuring that DOTS is frequently covered by press, media, and influencers. You’ll define our approach to identify, contract, and support brand partners, endorsers, and ambassadors. This role will work very closely with performance marketing and design teams to create and distribute campaigns across paid, owned and earned channels and will be comfortable creating structure and process to organize a team to grow brand metrics, execute best in class campaigns that resonate deeply with our core audiences.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing brand marketing strategies and campaigns across both physical and digital touch points. Communicating a long-term strategy while organizing and calendaring in a way that empowers other teams and lends visibility into the brand operations and strategy is key. These plans, calendars, and strategies should tie back to clear business goals.
- Create an integrated PR and brand communications plan that supports launch goals and establishes DOTS as the market leader in consumer point of care detection for managing food allergies. This includes message development, social media content creation, and media outreach.
- Set the strategy and create content that maximizes growth through a range of distribution channels (including paid, organic, newsletter, SEO, social media and syndication)
- Define and execute influencer marketing strategy and brand partnership strategy
- Set and enforce brand guidelines to ensure a consistent voice and tone, and establishing DOTS’ cornerstone areas of focus and expertise.
- Identify and manage external PR and other agencies and freelance and contributing writers as needed. Work with creative team to craft and execute strategy across audiences, platforms and channels.
- Craft and maintain brand marketing calendar, tie it to business goals, track effectiveness of calendar and report on brand metrics and impact of brand marketing and PR on the business.
- Manage response for crisis and emerging issues, working across DOTS leadership to respond quickly and effectively and acting as spokesperson.
- Quarterback the company’s participation in various events and award opportunities, including consumer and industry trade shows and speaking opportunities, ensuring that the events are in line with marketing goals and budget.
- Stay on top of industry news and ensure DOTS has a voice on relevant and topical issues.
- Analyze competitive market, ensure key points of difference, build relationships with complementary partner sets, and drive in-market impact
- 7+ years experience in marketing, advertising, or brand development
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field
- Have created campaigns across many different formats optimized at different times for experience, press coverage, brand sentiment shifts, engagement, and overall sales impact
- Fact-focused mindset with the ability to build systems and calendars to provide the most up to date and accurate information related to brand strategy and campaigns.
- Strong project management, attention to detail, and a no-task-too-small mentality
- Communicate clearly and consistently, written and verbal skills to match
- Experience in leading the briefing and collaboration with PR agencies, creative agencies and in-house talent on multimedia creative projects
- Experience pitching, planning, and working with journalists
- Business minded, with a deep appreciation for brand and creative storytelling
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Proven success and experience with audience development
- Prior management experience (recruiting, growing and managing a team)
- In-depth knowledge of the medtech, healthtech, food allergy, or wellness categories
- Experience tailoring advertising and messaging for professional/B2B audiences
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup