Director of Commercial Property Management
If you possess dynamic leadership capabilities and outstanding analytical and interpersonal skills, consider a career opportunity with Friedman Real Estate as a Director of Commercial Property Management.
Friedman Real Estate is one of the nation?s largest commercial real estate organizations. We currently manage 140 commercial properties and over 11,000 apartment homes located throughout the country. We also provide commercial brokerage, construction and design, asset management, facilities management and investment and loan sale advisory services to a vast array of institutional and private owners.
The Director of Commercial Property Management position that we are looking to fill is one that will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of office, industrial and retail properties located within Michigan and select locations outside of the state. Responsibilities of the individual filling this position will include oversite of general property operations, budgeting and financialreporting, capital improvement planning and implementation, vendor contract management and both client and tenant relations. This high-profile position will oversee a staff of several junior-level property managers and will report directly to the company?s Managing Director of Commercial Management Services.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Commercial Property Management position is someone who is a dynamic, self-starter with some demonstrated experience in the property management field. Our working environment is extremely fast paced and sometimes requires work above a normal 40-hour work week. If you are highly driven, interested in working with individuals who are also extremely passionate and believe that you have the capabilities and qualifications outlined below, then please contact us so that we can make arrangements to discuss the position with you in greater detail.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operations. Negotiate service contracts, schedule and monitor daily activities of contractors and vendors and ensure that both perform to the highest standards. Ensure that proper insurance is in place for properties, tenants, contractors and vendors and administer as appropriate. Monitor and enforce all lease terms including timely billings, collection of rents and issuance of default letters. Maintain the safety and integrity of buildings, systems and equipment, project future needs including capital requirements and improvements, implement and oversee preventative maintenance programs and supervise all construction/tenant improvement work taking place at the properties.
- Financial Budgeting and Reporting. Manage budget process and review operating statements and reports on a timely basis.
- Owner/Tenant Relations. Communicate regularly with property tenants and owners to ensure a high level of satisfaction with the services being provided. Be receptive to feedback and modify services to accommodate when necessary.
- Staffing. Oversee existing property management and site staffs and participate in the recruiting, hiring and training of new staff members when necessary. Demonstrate a consistent level of leadership skill that elevates the performance of the entire property management team.
- Bachelors degree in related field.
- Advance degree and/or industry certifications and designations are preferred.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of relevant experience in commercial property management field.
- Good working knowledge of commercial building mechanical systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, Yardi and other computer programs relevant to the position.
Only candidates who possess the minimum level of education, experience and skill level will be considered or reviewed. We are interested in responses from qualified candidates only. Please note that we aim to provide a safe working environment for all of our employees and that we require criminal background screening and pre-employment drug testing as part of the recruitment process.
Friedman Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer Applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran's status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.