Director of Commercial Property Management
11 - 15 years experience • Real Estate
Join a growing team of hardworking, self-motivated individuals. As an innovative, successful company we believe employees are our best asset. If you possess strong organizational skills and welcome a challenging position in a fast-paced environment, consider a career opportunity as a Director of Property Management with our organization.
As the property and asset management arm of Friedman Integrated Real Estate Solutions, Friedman Management Company is one of the Midwests largest managers of commercial real estate. Friedman manages over 100 facilities encompassing over 15 million square feet of commercial and multi-family properties throughout Michigan, Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio and Tennessee.
The Friedman Companies represent institutions, major property owners, national and regional retailers. Friedman provides a broad spectrum of services including land services, tenant representation, investment brokerage, facilities planning, space planning, interior design, full service accounting, physical property management, construction management, financial analysis, risk management, strategic asset management, acquisition and disposition services. .
We are looking for a high-energy, self-starter to serve as one of our senior leaders on the Commercial Management team for a portfolio of office, industrial and retail properties located within Michigan and select locations outside of the state. This high-profile position will report to the companys Vice President and will be responsible for overseeing higher level Property Managers and their staff. This person will serve as a liaison between tenants, ownership and management. Qualified candidates must have a very strong work ethic, extreme sense of urgency, excellent communication skills both written and verbal, ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, possess sound real estate management acumen, and motivate/train those working below them. Our working environment is extremely fast paced. The position will require the candidate to be on call24/7 and work above a normal 40 hour work week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Owner/Tenant Relations. Manage overall customer relations, customer satisfaction and services delivery. Communicate effectively and regularly with customers to ensure a high level of satisfaction with the services being provided. Ensure consistent and uniform delivery of services.
- Financial Budgeting and Reporting. Manage budget process. Review operating statements and reports to ensure compliance. Develop and oversee cost control initiatives. Review and recommend major capital expenditure programs. Oversee rent collection and delinquency reports.
- Operations. Implement and oversee preventative maintenance program for all properties. Oversee service contract awarding and effectiveness. Oversee and work withconstruction department. Oversee all life, safety and health initiatives. Develop, implement and oversee innovative best in industry practices. Ensure facilities operate within the objectives of the owners and the business plan.
- Staffing. Oversee the recruiting, hiring, training, and effectiveness of staff. In conjunction with Human Resources develop best in industry team.
- Projects. Represent the company in professional, industry and government organizations to generate relationships for future business development. Address business opportunities and challenges through both internal and external organizational activities.
- Leadership. This position requires excellent leadership skills who can help take our management team to a higher level. We have a motivated, dedicated, hardworking team of professionals and seek a person to elevate them and our company even more.
Candidates must possess a Bachelors degree in related field. Advance degree and/or industry certifications and designations are preferred. Minimum of ten years of relevant leadership experience in a commercial real estate management company. Only candidates who possess the required minimum education and experience will be considered.
Candidates must have a good working knowledge of commercial building mechanical and building systems. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Candidates must be well organized, detail oriented and can manage workload efficiently. The ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment is necessary. Strong proficiency with Microsoft office applications and other computer programs is required.