Assist the AVP of Commercial Development in managing the commercial development functions and the Departments internal operations. Responsible for implementing and coordinating Commercial Developments global strategy including financial and administrative activities, investment operations, budgeting, goals and objectives, benchmarking, policies, internal controls, and investment controls and processes for a growing portfolio of nearly two dozen Investments. Investments to date include start-up and stabilized ventures such as mixed-use retailfacilities, shore excursion companies, operating companies, restaurants, real estate holdings and port developments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Key decision-maker who represents and acts on behalf of RCL in business negotiations, material decisions and complex deal structuring encompassing business, tax, audit, finance and legal knowledge. Represent and act on behalf of VP as required for Investments. Represents the Company with investment partners and before government authorities, Port Agents, Tourism Ministries and similar groups. Decision-maker on various day-to-day Commercial Development and Investment issues who provides regular business advice to Project Teams.
2. Co-Manage growing portfolio of approximately two dozen investments, while retaining ability to close on additional investments. Liaisons with the existing RCL corporate structure and assumes internal leadership and coordination for internal deal approval, consensus building, investment and business partner due diligence, deal closing and all financial, audit and SarbOx compliance. Consults regularly with legal department, planning, accounting, tax and risk management, and other departments on transactions, contracts, and business arrangements being considered and entered into by RCL. Significant contact with senior management. Interface with external team of attorneys, financial consultants, contractors, marketing consultants, owner¿s construction representatives and other professionals on projects as necessary.
3. Reviews and recommends the implementation of operating plans for RCL subsidiary investments in accordance with approved multi-yearbusiness plans.
4. Manages corporate approval process for Joint Ventures and other agreements by obtaining feedback and sign off from various RCL departments, including but not limited to Deployment, Capital Planning, Treasury, Corporate Planning, Accounting, Risk Management, Tax, Port Operations, etc.
5. Supports the VP and AVP to establish the department¿s operating and capital budget; reviews and provides continual updates; tracks actual expenses vs. forecast and makes recommendations to ensure budgetary compliance. Creates, monitors and assists in the development of Investment processes, budgets, business plans and controls with the objective to improve Investment operations and financial returns. Compiles key metrics and high-level presentations to summarize the performance of Investments.
6. Manages Investment portfolio review and analysis. Manage feasibility and financial analysis, CAR and IAR processes, and financial modeling process.
7. Formulates, recommends and implements procedural guidelines and specific audit and operational procedures and communicates to affected parties. Follow-up on procedural, audit and operational data with all stakeholders to initiate and monitor corrective actions as required.
8. The following positions report directly and indirectly to this position: Direct reports: Consultant, Sr. Compliance Analyst and Project Manager. Additionally, oversees multiple Investment company employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
9. Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Bachelor's degree required in related discipline; MBA or JD a strong preference.
Minimum ten years experience in finance, administration, investment related positions, real estate or related experience for established companies, of which three years should be in the hospitality industry.
Construction experience and project management skills are a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Apply strong analytical, financial, conceptual, planning, strategic thinking and complex deal structuring to objectives and performance.
Exercise excellent judgment and the ability to make decisions and assess acceptable levels of business risk both for RCL and Investments.
Initiative combined with creative and innovative entrepreneurial skills that allow the individual to identify, develop and implement opportunities.
Outstanding oral and written communication, consensus building and presentation skills.
The ability to organize and manage complex processes with multiple entities is essential.
Strong inter-functional leadership skills and ability to drive change.
Ability to coach and develop a team of external professionals. Includes providing the appropriate level of direction, enabling others to succeed, and providing open and timely informal and formal feedback.
Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of employees. Quickly establishes credibility with partners and Investment employees as the go-to person for all Investment related issues.
A global thinker who is familiar with different countries and different cultures is important.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financialreports, general business periodicals, contracts, legal documents and technical reports.
Familiarity with U.S. and international business, tax, audit, finance and legal concepts.
Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and priorities.
Must be able to facilitate meetings and solve problems.
Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes and on-line research tools.