Our Director of Clubhouse Operations reports to the Chief Operating Officer and oversees the operation of 13 clubhouse locations throughout the Las Vegas Valley with primary concern for clubhouse membership safety, staff development and management, supervision of Clubhouse Directors, and budget management in support of the execution of programs to include Character & Leadership, Education & Career Development, Health & Wellness, Sports & Recreation, and the Arts.
Major Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Promote a culture of quality performance and continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Contribute to organizational and operational strategic planning.
- Provide leadership and direction to Clubhouse Directors in the management of their designated Clubhouse(s). Oversee performance quality management and improvement tracking of Clubhouse Directors in achieving goals. Assist Clubhouse Directors in their performance management of clubhouse staff in achieving goals, providing technical assistance in clubhouse operations.
- Support Clubhouse Directors engagement with members’ parents and/or guardians.
- Analyze needs for the development of and oversee the facilitation of ongoing training for and actively participate in the maintenance of a safe, positive environment for all members and employees.
- Lead the development and implementation of clubhouse operation goals, in relation to need and available resources, to facilitate the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of the organization’s annual budget, ensuring that club-wide programs and activities are operated within established budgetary guidelines including, but not limited to staffing.
- Oversee member reporting, recruitment, retention, attendance, and active participation. Oversee the enrollment, execution, and reporting of funded membership-enrollment programs. Ensure continual analysis of member needs/interests.
- Ensure proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdown of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues. Assist with data collection and analysis efforts for grant reporting, compliances, and program improvement purpose.
- Maintain and develop strong, collaborative partnerships with local and national youth development experts and organizations, members, parents, families, and community organizations. Additionally, participate in activities to maintain good public relations for Club programs, services, and activities including the planning and organization of participation in donor events.
- Promote a culture of open, frequent, clear, and effective communication among all colleagues across all departments throughout the organization.
- Participate in the recognition of member and employee accomplishments.
- May exercise authority in problems relating to program staff and members; utilizes guidance and discipline plan.
- Assist in the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensure programs/activities respond to member needs and address gender and cultural diversity.
- Assist with the evaluation of overall program effectiveness on the basis of participation and achievement of stated goals; recommend modifications to improve performance, as appropriate.
- Make recommendations for programmatic improvements that support higher quality delivery, increased impact, and significant gains in program goals and metrics.
- Work with grant management colleagues to ensure Club compliance with all funding requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience in Boys & Girls Clubs operations management and personnel supervision, with at least two years at the Clubhouse Director level or an equivalent combination of experience
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations, and of the mission, objectives, policies, programs, and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations in personnel supervision, the recruitment and retention of key personnel, and budget management
- Ability to train others in policies and procedures related to work, assisting in developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, including outstanding interpersonal skills, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, leadership, relationship, and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time, multiple tasks, and projects effectively; to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision, and to complete tasks under pressure
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Ability to take responsibility for the safety, well-being, and work output of others
- Proficient technology skills in MS Office and other software/programs
- Bilingual English/Spanish may be preferred.
Requisition Number 2019-3732