Accountable for directing operations of a specified area, technology and/or end-user client group to achieve strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and quality results. Responsible for cross-functional management of specified technology product(s) and/or solution(s). Utilizes technical and industry experience to formulate technology strategies specific to area of responsibility. Works across functional areas to implement strategies and ensure offerings are defined to maximize profitability. Evaluates and adjusts strategies to respond to competition. Ensures customer needs and requirements are represented. Contributes to the general business planning regarding technology and systems required to maintain Walgreens operations and competitiveness.
Outcomes directed have a moderate to significant impact on the organization's short-term and long-term results, specific customers and/or partners. Decisions have moderate to significant impact on the organization.
- Develops and executes on IT product/service strategies and plans. Directs the operations of the assigned functional area to achieve strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and content quality results. Establishes operational objectives for managers and/or teams of professionals in order to achieve the strategic and operational objectives of the group. Responsible for executing on functional and business goals for the specified area of expertise. Proactively addresses problems a cross functional areas of the business.
- Provides day-to-day administrative direction and oversight of key technology/information systems and general support activities.
- Works with key shareholders to formulate a comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations.
- Applies broad knowledge of product/service capabilities and environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product/service opportunities. Conducts technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement for specified area of responsibility. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements for the specified are of responsibility. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and othertechnology resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
Bachelor's Degree and at least 8years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy, Project/Program Management and/or Analytics OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 11 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy, Project/Program Management and/or Analytics.
Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
Experience managing cross-functional and/or matrix teams.
Experience interacting at the executive level.
At least 4 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
At least 4 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
May require travel domestically and/or internationally.