We are an executive search firm who has been hired to identify a Director of clinical services in Oklahoma city, Oklahoma.
Role and Responsibilities
The Director of Clinical Services will plan, direct and monitor the population-based programs to support the delivery of patient-centered, cost effective and quality driven care.
As part of senior management, this position collaborates with others throughout the organization to assure achievement of organizational goals.
Core Functions of the Director of Clinical Services:
- Manages, plans, directs the overall operation of the population health care management program including oversight of all clinical staff.
- Provides leadership to assigned personnel and ensures that all care management functions are performed accurately and efficiently.
- Participates in the development and achievement of department goals and objectives including staff development functions/responsibilities and educational programming.
- Manages ongoing analysis, development, and implementation of methods and systems to improve overall effectiveness of Care Management processes.
- Develops services, policies and procedures and exists to promote patient advocacy and quality patient care with unsurpassed clinical and cost outcomes consistent with corporate and external regulatory guidelines.
- Assure periodic review of internal and external benchmark data, and risk management data for prioritizing clinical improvement initiates.
- Tracks laws and regulations applicable to Program and ensures compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and contractual requirements.
- Selects, develops, and leads department personnel. Counsels and provides personnel disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Creates an atmosphere of collaboration, building effective partnerships within the department and organization.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements for Director of Clinical Services
- Registered Nurse (RN) with a BA/BS degree and at least eight (8) years of relevant professional experience, including at least 3- 5years of managerial experience to include management of personnel, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing and physician relations.
- Must possess a current, unrestricted active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Oklahoma.
- CCM or CPHQ (or equivalent) highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health care financial management.
- Experience with IPAs and Networks preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of health improvement, process improvement, population health, and health systems planning.
- Must possess knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirement.
- Advanced interpersonal skills required to manage relationships. Ability to engage and motivate staff, and collaborate with others.
- A passion for improving care and for fostering patient-centered, navigable, physician friendly care settings.
- Ability to work resourcefully and creatively, to think independently, and to exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Commitment to the corporate mission, vision, and values.
- Positive, service-oriented attitude. High level of integrity.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license and vehicle.
If you meet all these requirements for the Director of Clinical Services, we want to hear from you!