Job Overview The Drexel University College of Nursing and Health Professions is seeking a faculty candidate for a full-time, 12-month, non-tenure track Instructor or Assistant Clinical Professor position in the Department of Counseling and Family Therapy. The position responsibilities involve the coordination of clinical services and clinical supervision of graduate students in practicum or internship placement, direct clinical service, and some teaching.
The Department of Counseling and Family Therapy is committed to diversity in its student body and faculty; reaching underserved populations; evidence?informed therapies, and person of the therapist training. This commitment is reflected in the curriculum and degree requirements for all our educational programs. Qualifications Job Summary: The Clinical Services Director manages the clinical operations of Drexel University Couple and Family Therapy (DUCFT) Clinic and Family Therapy services at the Wellness HUB at Dornsife. The position provides direct clinical service at the HUB and AAMFT approved clinical supervision for students practicing at either site. The position is responsible for ensuring the provision of high quality, affordable care, and a robust training experience for students.
Reports to: Chair, Department of Counseling and Family Therapy
- Masters Degree Required, Doctoral Degree Preferred
- LMFT in Pennsylvania
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Five years of experience providing and managing clinical services Essential Functions 1. Selects and orients students for clinical practicum / internship placements at DUCFT and the HUB
2. Provides on-site clinical supervision to Master's and Doctoral students.
3. Reviews and signs all clinical documentation for accuracy, completeness, and timeliness
4. Provides on-call availability to students needing support for a crisis. Documents incident reports.
5. Provides clinical services as needed
6. Provides weekly updates to the Director of Clinical Training regarding student and clinic concerns, progress, and issues
7. Develops and markets clinical services
8. Recruits work study students for marketing and reception
9. Screens referrals, assigns cases and coordinates the scheduling of clinical services
10. Manages budgets and electronic billing processes
11. Maintains the Clinic Handbook
12. Manages all aspects of quality assurance, compliance, and clinical practice regulations
13. Collects and analyzes service data; monitors patient volume, quality of care, and performance of student clinical practice to identify areas for improvement
14. Participates in data collection as indicated for grants, benchmarking, research, outcomes, client satisfaction, and quality assurance and record keeping
15. Teaching and course development Supplemental Posting Information Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon the University's acceptance of the results of the background investigation.
Job Close Date 03-20-2019