Berkeley Search Consultants has been retained by one of the San Francisco Bay Area’s most well-respected and financially stable health systems to recruit for their Director of Clinical Research. The health system has been providing exceptional care to its community for over 60 years, and they are well-known for their innovative culture. They have been involved in clinical research since the 1990s, continually striving to bring leading-edge research to patients. The health system’s Clinical Research Center conducts research and clinical trials in the following main areas: Cancer, Cardiology, Gastrointestinal, Infectious Disease, Mental Health, Neurology, Nursing, Pulmonology, and Women’s Health.
Reporting to the system’s Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Clinical Research has responsibility for the development, implementation, and oversight of the administrative and operational structure to support all clinical research activity at the Clinical Research Center and the health system at large. The role is classified as a service line leader. It supports and works closely with the other service line leaders, medical directors, physicians, nurses, and staff in achieving individual programmatic research and innovation goals. The director also supervises all Clinical Research Center staff and works closely with senior staff members to plan, prioritize and implement operational goals, ensuring research staff have clearly defined job descriptions, performance standards, orientation, and continuing education.
The Director of Clinical Research serves as the primary point of contact internally and externally for all research taking place within the health system and assists in the preparation and oversight of various clinical research-related grants and contracts.
· BA/BS degree required; MA/MS degree preferred
· Five years management experience in clinical research including people and project/program management
· Expert clinical knowledge, leadership and technical skills to achieve all aspects of the role
· Demonstrated competence in design, execution, statistical analysis and reporting of clinical and health services research
· Complete working knowledge of the regulations, laws, policies and procedures related to clinical research, including legal review, research billing compliance and the operational conduct of clinical trials
· Thorough knowledge of contracting issues as it applies to research contracts, including indemnification, subject injury, intellectual property, publication, copyright, HIPAA, rights in data, etc.
· Thorough knowledge of Good Clinical Practice, Human Subject Protection, clinical trial design, regulatory processes, and clinical development process
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in leading Clinical Research within an organization that continues to thrive, grow, and place their support behind their Clinical Research.
We are proud to partner with our client who considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetics, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are interested in learning more, would like to be considered for future roles, or know of qualified individuals you’d like to refer, please contact Berkeley Search Consultants.
Valid through: 10/29/2020