This position supports the implementation of the clinical education component of the undergraduate curricula in the College of Medicine. Responsibilities include actively seeking and developing relationships with new clinical sites and preceptors, communicating site requirements for student placement and following up with clinical sites as necessary. Additional responsibilities include coordinating and collecting accreditation data, entering information and maintaining clinical requirements database. This position is responsible for maintaining outstanding relationships with clinical partners.
Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate across multiple constituencies including academic faculty, administrators and practice partners.
- Must be independent and outcomes driven with a demonstrated ability to assume initiative and be self-directed.
- Ability to develop and maintain data management systems and processes.
- Excellent writing skills.
- The Director will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in undergraduate medical education.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of LCME and related undergraduate medical education regulations and requirements.
- The self-directed individual must have the ability to prioritize, exercise strong analytical skills, use effective communication and possess superior problem-solving skills. The individual must have the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with faculty, clerkship directors and coordinators.
- Preferred experience in academic medicine, knowledge of clerkship programs and undergraduate medical education issues.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with learning management systems (i.e., Blackboard, OASIS).
- Experience with comprehensive evaluation systems.
- Working knowledge of the American Association of Medical College’s Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO) program.
Communication and Other Skills:
- Demonstrate proficiency in organizing and presenting material to a professional audience.
- Demonstrate successful and positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform efficiently and in a professional manner under demanding situations.
- Organizational expertise, attention to detail and demonstrate punctuality.
- Ability to plan and organize work, both under supervision and using independent judgement under stressful situations.
- Exhibits accuracy and ability to pay attention to details.