This Director of Clinical operations will lead the assessment, selection, negotiation and execution of contracts/relationship management of vendors providing externally contracted services managed by various departments. They will manage the entire Outsourcing process from Request for Proposal (RFP) to final contract and also manages vendor relationships throughout this process.
- Develops sourcing strategies to build a good vendor base and Manages vendor relationships. Persuades and influences CRO leadership and internal stakeholders. Coaches and mentors colleagues. Provides expertise and understanding of procurement principles, legal language and vendor selection criteria.
- Lead the development and implementation of new processes, procedures and/or systems to improve organizational efficiencies and cost controls.
- Responsible for the development and management of other ad hoc special projects as they arise. Required to keep informed of industry trends and newsworthy happenings, company product pipeline progress, and overall financial position of the Company in order to provide meaningful support and input into the Outsourcing strategy and its implementation plan.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of procurement principles, legal language, vendor selection criteria.
- Problem solves and negotiates in most service types, studies, and programs.
- Coaches and mentors colleagues (may have direct reports in the future).
- Have strong strategic vision and demonstrates leadership skills.
- Experienced and comfortable leading complex initiatives of high dollar value from inception through to implementation for varios Therapuetic Programs.
- Demonstrates ability to handle global projects through established interactions globally.
- Leads collaborations with all required departments to draft project and study-specific RFPs.
- Minimum 10 years in outsourcing, health sciences or related field (clinical trials), and vendor management
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of the industry, vendor base, and regulatory issues. Builds content of the contract; negotiates multi-layered terms.
- Focuses at the service, study, and program level.
- Works across complex phase 2 and 3 of studies, across programs, and at the local and cross-regional level.
- Provides critical evaluations and implications of decisions.
- Management experience within pharmaceutical or biotech environment is preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
- Bachelor's deree required
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or Life Sciences preferred