Industry: Hospitals & Medical Centers•
8 - 10 years
Posted 181 days ago
• Compliance with 5 Standards of Star Service; always delivering exceptional service to our patients, physicians, guests, coworkers, volunteers and vendors
• Maintains education and development appropriate for position.
• Performs position in line with Employee Satisfaction, Patient Satisfaction, Physician Satisfaction, Continuous Performance Improvement, and/or Community Involvement
• Adheres to established hospital and department guidelines and protocols. Supports hospital mission, vision, and values.
• Coordinates/integrates department services with the hospital’s mission vision, values and Five Indicators of Success
• Develops/implements policies/procedures that guide/support the provision of services.
• Coordinates all department services placing patient safety as the primary goal.
• Exercises independent judgment within the context of interdisciplinary patient care
• Provides care/treatment/services within the Synergy Model and Evidenced Based Practices
• Delegates tasks appropriate to meet the needs of the individual patient and to the skills of the employee supervised.
• Plans, implements, revises and delegates nursing care with patient safety as the primary goal.
• Recommends a sufficient number of qualified/competent staff to provide department services in support of provision of services.
• Determines the qualifications/competence of personnel.
• Continuously assesses/improves department’s performance.
• Maintains/implements quality control programs.
• Provides for the orientation, in-service training and continuing education and development of staff.
• Recommends space and other resources needed in the provision of services.
• Identifies and selects outside sources for needed services.
• Promotes involvement of self and staff in health promotion/educational community involvement, lifelong learning and nursing research.
• Participates in development and evaluation of professional practice by participating on unit and/or hospital committees, special projects and attendance at staff meetings and town halls.
• Actively participates in unit and/or hospital performance improvement activities.
• Delivers patient care and/or department service in a safe, competent, and efficient manner as determined by outcomes, quality monitors, and other internal and external processes.
• Maintains positive interpersonal relationships and self conduct to contribute positively to the delivery of quality care and services, and to orderly operation of the department and the facility.
• Maintains and enhances skills through consultation with interdisciplinary team members, participation in planning activities, and attendance at in-service and continuing education programs.
• Completes mandatory education, including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS and OSHA standards (PPE, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazard Communications, Emergency Procedures and Job Safety).
• Follows established guidelines for compliance with Infection Prevention and TJC Patient Safety Goals and Practices.
• Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential and actual patient safety issues, medical errors or unanticipated outcomes.
• Uses Performance Improvement process to improve patient safety and patient outcomes.