Carenet Healthcare Services is proud to open new paths to health for millions of people each year as we guide them to be more informed about their healthcare options, more engaged in their wellness, and more educated about healthcare costs the may face. For eight consecutive years, Inc. Magazine has named Carenet as one of America’s fastest growing private companies.
You’ve been actively participating in the sweeping changes happening in healthcare and now you’re ready to reshape its future. At Carenet, you’ll be a part of a growing and dynamic team that is working together to bring the healthcare of tomorrow to life today. You’ll work with a talented and passionate team who are building innovation road maps to take on the healthcare system by delivering new and updated solutions that ensure healthcare is less complicated and more affordable.
Your rigor in extracting actionable insights from reams of research will be put to good use as you lead the strategic development of impactful and innovative solutions that drive revenue for our organization. Your clinical expertise will be leveraged every day as we work to transform high value opportunities into actionable realities.
The Director of Clinical Innovation is a key member of the Market Development team. The Director conducts business, industry, and market research transforming it into actionable intelligence, solutions and strategies to assist clients in addressing the ever-changing needs of the healthcare industry. The Director aligns clinical innovation of new and existing products that meet or exceed revenue and market share goals.
Constantly partnering with Sales, Marketing, Information Technology, Client Services, Clinical and other leaders across Carenet, the Director is the clinical domain expert for the team’s interdisciplinary development and maintenance of product road maps. The Director identifies high-value clinical and healthcare focused business opportunities, develops the opportunities into an executable product, defining both strategic and tactical objectives; fully responsible for the entire life cycle from inception to operation rollout.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads the strategic development and tactical execution for all agreed upon and assigned solutions. Assists with defining relevant and impactful solution strategies and innovation road maps.
- Manages a clear and coherent strategy for identifying and capitalizing on revenue generating opportunities (the innovation road map) with strategies, objectives and action plans based on a detailed understanding of the market, competition, customer needs, internal resources and capabilities.
- Establishes standardized methodologies to support build efforts and direct management of the new products.
- Performs/documents relevant market research, stays abreast of competitor activities and communicates industry trends to key company stakeholders.
- Recommends a quantifiable return on investment model for proposed solutions.
- Conducts buy / build / partner analysis, identifies potential strategic partners, performs detailed capabilities assessments and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Assists with the development of policies and workflows to support implementation of new and/or enhanced solutions.
- Creates and communicates detailed business requirements to support appropriate system development for successful solution delivery.
- Provides guidance on implementation, communication and updates of systems and processes to promote and facilitate continuous quality improvement activities.
- Communicates regularly to stakeholders on the status of current solution development and implementation activities.
- Works closely with all members of the team and leads cross-functional development teams to ensure successful and timely execution.
- Works with marketing to develop appropriate “go to market” strategies and collaborates on the design production of solution-specific collaterals.
- Supports the sales process as a subject matter expert, acting as a leader and solutions champion both internally and externally.
- Provides product training and operational support
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related healthcare discipline. Master’s degreepreferred.
- Five plus years of experience in clinical solution/product innovation, planning, development and execution of a diverse product portfolio, or related
- Solid understanding of population health, care management and healthcare consumerism, and governing guidelines such as HIPAA, Legal and Regulatory Requirements.
- Experience working with employers, government sponsored programs, health plan, provider/ACO groups, or hospital environment with demonstrated success in the development of effective consumer products preferred.
- History of perseverance to constantly enhance, track performance, and improve product results along with demonstrated revenue growth.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Current licensure in a clinical discipline such as Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant and/or Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook), Experience with Project Management and other relevant office tools, including MS-Project & Visio.
- Excellent documentation skills with emphasis on defining business and functional requirements.