Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Director of Clinical Education is responsible for directing, overseeing, and evaluating the Clinical Transitions and Clinical Preparation Programs. Managing these programs includes ensuring key metrics are met consistently each month and ensuring Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) are appropriately assessed and prepared prior to their assignments. This position is also responsible for program evaluation, development, and design in conjunction with the Vice President of Clinical Operations.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Manage the Clinical Transitions and Clinical Preparation Program teams, including involvement in interviewing and hiring department staff; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of Clinical Transitions and Clinical Preparation Program team personnel and assure sufficient staff levels to meet departmental goals in collaboration with the Assistant Vice President of Clinical Operations.
- Develop, maintain, and implement nursing policies and procedures in a manner consistent with Avant's mission, vision and values.
- Ensure departmental policies and procedures conform to the standards of nursing practice, facility philosophy, and operations policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of the current federal and state laws and regulations that apply to the practice of nursing in a variety of settings.
- Maintain current knowledge, at the expert level, of trends in nursing and clinical education, adult learning principles, and theoretical models for nursing practice and training.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Clinical Operations, establish and maintain the strategic long-term vision for the department.
- Evaluate key metrics and implement solutions as required.
- Communicate and interpret policies and procedures to nursing staff while monitoring staff practices.
- Facilitate and participate in management team meetings, daily huddles, team meetings, and offsite meetings to discuss company and departmental goals.
- Collaborate with clients, Healthcare Professionals, and other Avant departments to ensure delivery of high-quality service and successful client and employment relationships
- Participates as an active member of Avant's Leadership Team.
Managerial Functions of The Job (if applicable)
- Direct the daily operations of the clinical education programs
- Assess HCPs for safe and effective nursing practice in general and specialty nursing areas
- Plan and coordinate staffing needs to meet current and future training demands
- Evaluate, coach, and remediate clinical educators' teachings to be in line with current CTP and CPP curriculum
- Evaluate, refine, and develop core and specialty curriculums in line with a theoretical model
- Assess clinical outcomes resulting from the CTP and CPP programs and adjust curriculum to optimize outcomes at the client site.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President of Clinical Operations.