Director of Clinical Document Integrity - RT
Vancouver, Washington 98663
Responsible for maintaining the long-term system success of the program by providing system oversight and direction in PeaceHealth acute care facilities including facilitating hiring/mentoring/retention of staff. Accountable for education, support of providers and caregiver’s, including but not limited to on-site education, assisting with the application of CDI during transition/implementation periods, and assisting with the collection and compiling of information reflective of outcomes associated with CDI. Responsible for increasing program awareness to the system which includes effective use of data, collection and analysis for system and individual hospital and physician profiling. Supports ongoing communication and education on documentation opportunities, as well as performance improvement methodologies to physician and system leadership.
- Provide leadership for operational effectiveness, personnel management, fiscal accountability and positive relations withother departments.
- Develop objectives including goals and strategies for CDI in all regions/networks. Creates and monitors infrastructure, systems, processes and standards to achieve desired outcomes.
- Direct recruitment, training and staff development.
- Develop, implement and monitor operating and capital budgets. Accountable for meeting budgetary and operational targets.
- Accountable for support of accurate Case Mix Index of Medicare patient population in facilities with CDI presence specific to CDI impact.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for all areas of responsibility. Collaborates with HIM Coding regarding ICD-10 hospital coding, policies, procedures, Federal and State coding reimbursement guidelines.
- Lead operational implementation / transitions for regional/network and system CDI projects, including coordination of ICD-10 preparation and training for CDI staff.
- Maintain awareness of and implements process to address continual changes in reimbursement methodologies.
- Develop and present business proposals and cost/benefit analysis for region/network and system.
- Manage multiple priorities at multiple regions/networks of care.
- Collaborate with inpatient EMR workgroups regarding documentation improvement as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary)
- Bachelors of Science in a healthcare field or accredited RNwith equivalent leadership experience.
- Equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of ten years relevant acute care nursing experiencerequired
- Minimum five years prior experience as CDS in an acute care or multi-hospital health system required, at least two years of which must be in a progressively responsible CDI management position, or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job required.
- Demonstrated experience in project management required
- Minimum four years previous management experiencerequired
- Critical care experiencepreferred
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be residing CCDS – Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist required
- CCRN / CCDS preferred
- ICD-10 certification preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, MS Office applications, database structure, telecommunications, and technology
- Knowledge of Medicare Part A and Part B
- Knowledge of regulatory environment, ACDIS and CMS guidelines
15. Present Salary?
16. Salary Expectation?
17. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?
18. Current Address?