MVM, Inc. is looking for a Director of Clinical Counseling to be part of a highly capable team to run an ORR shelter and all surrounding operations for the temporary care and transport of unaccompanied children (UC).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversee entire Clinical Counseling operation and ensure it functions efficiently and smoothly
- Liaise with ORR/DCS Policy and Procedures Compliance Coordinator for updates or changes to ORR policy that affect clinical counseling operations.
- Report any ORR policy changes or updates to the Lead Clinical Counselors to distribute to their teams.
- Serve as morale-booster for the entire department – bear overall responsibility for promoting a positive and highly efficient environment.
- Conduct random spot checks in UC portal to ensure Clinical Counselors are updating UC case files in accordance with ORR policy and regulations.
- Promote friendly competition between Lead Clinical Counselors.
- Oversee Lead Clinical Counselor team, offer assistance as requested/needed.
- Master's degree in social work (MSW), counseling, psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science in which clinical experience is a program requirement; have clinical experience as a part of the master’s program requirements; OR
- Bachelor's degree in one of the aforementioned sciences plus ten (10) years of clinical experience.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience at a Director/Executive level in a relevant field;
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Must be able to travel for extended periods of time (up to 100%).
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Certified/Licensed as a Qualified Supervisor.
- Experience training and managing a large team of case managers and youth care workers;
- Experience working with refugees under the age of 17;
- Experience working with Government Clients, preferably ORR, FEMA, HHS, and/or DHS.
Applicants selected will be subjected to a Government background investigation and may be required to meet the following conditions of employment:
- Must be a US Citizen
- Favorable credit check
- Clean criminal background check
- Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or Child Protective Services (CPS) check
- Successfully passing a pre-employment drug test