$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
Own the program development, governance and oversight for all Claims at Ameriprise Financial (et all) and Ameriprise Captive Insurance Company. This includes providing claims management service for all lines of coverage, acting as a resource to the Global Risk Manager and internal legal counsel. Responsible for the evaluation of coverage and liability exposures, and adjudication of first and third party multi-line insurance claims through its life cycle within company standards and industry best practices.
• Assume responsibility for a robust book of claims and handle various claims under the following coverage lines: E&O, D&O, Employment Practice Liability, Property, Casualty (including Work Comp, Auto and GL), Fiduciary Liability, Fidelity and Cyber Liability.
• Develop and execute on organizational strategies to meet performance goals and provide maximum effectiveness and efficiency in Claim handling. Function as a corporate representative to identify policyholder needs and exemplify company policies and practices through regular interaction with key customers, industry peers and professional organizations. Participate in strategic insurer meetings as required.
• Lead strategic and tactical planning; and with peers develop and implement new or enhanced claim handling processes/procedures. Influence business partners, collaborate in strategic planning and policy development. Advise internal clients of their claim related obligations under the policy and establish claims management procedures. Review and provide insightful commentary on new policy forms. Serve as conduit for recent developments in the law and claims handling.
• Monitor the performance of carrier's and TPA claim services for internal clients. Provide claims advocacy by providing written responses to carrier coverage positions and by negotiating favorable claim resolutions in face to face meetings. Maintain direct relationships with key clients, markets and their respective outside legal counsel.
• Interpret more complex or unusual policy coverages and determine if coverages apply to claims submitted, escalating issues as needed. Prepare timely and thorough coverage analysis and recommends appropriate reserves.
• Work with GCO, underwriters, brokers, and insureds regarding the handling and/or disposition of complex claims.
• Analyze claims activities and prepares reports for management. May be responsible for special projects and presentations.
• Bachelors Degree.
• 7-10 years of claims experience, complex commercial and/or specialty claims.
• Knowledge of claim handling and claim adjudication processes and procedures. Claims advocacy skills.
• Proven ability to analyze and apply future business and economic trends to strategic decision making.
• Proven ability to communicate concisely with individuals and groups, including electronically and in writing, to speak effectively before large and small groups and to facilitate resolution of competing interests.
• Proven ability to influence business partners at all levels.
• Proven knowledge of all insurance lines with a concentration in management liability coverage lines of insurance.
• Knowledge of laws, legal codes, procedures and processes involving insurance.
• Proficient computer skills relevant to Microsoft Office, Outlook, and web-based applications.
• 7 years of management experience.
• Masters Degree.
• 7-10 years of insurance or litigation experience.
• Certifications in CPCU, ARM or AIC.
Valid Through: 2019-10-18