Pivotal is a software company that uses its cutting edge development methodology, next-generation cloud platform, and big data analytics to accelerate digital transformation for the world's largest enterprises and most admired brands.
At Pivotal, we enable companies to innovate by employing an approach focused on building—not buying—software.
With Pivotal Labs—our agile software development consulting business unit—our clients learn modern development and pair programming methodologies designed to rapidly deliver web and mobile software applications. As we help these clients quickly build more software applications, they often choose to deploy on Pivotal Cloud Foundry®, our next generation cloud platform, designed to accelerate the speed in which developers build and deploy sophisticated modern software. Furthermore, we offer clients our comprehensive big and fast data solutions, Pivotal Big Data Suite, as well as the expertise of our data scientists to help these clients analyze their business data in real-time.
Our 2,000+ employees across 17 offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
Pivotal is seeking a Regional Director of Sales with experience leading teams selling IT solutions or consulting services into the top level CXOs, CIOs and CTOs.
- Establish a clear vision, direction and priorities for the region.
- Inspire the entire region (Sales, Field Engineering, Customer Success) to execute passionately against that vision.
- Exceed top line revenue target.
- Achieve revenue mix and margin targets (80% Software, 20% Services, 70% margins).
- Build an elite team which includes:
- Hire top talent
- Mentor, coach & develop sales team
- Elevate performance of Sales representatives
- Mentor/coach poor performers not able to achieve sales objective
- Maintain highly collaborative relationships with the Field Engineering and Customer Success teams.
- Establish and maintain communications and coordination with Partners to ensure delivery services meet or exceed expectations.
- Maintain prioritized coverage and align resources with the highest yield opportunities (short and long term).
- Maintain positive relationships with sales leaders at EMC and VMware.
- Ensure each individual Account Executive maintains a positive and effective relationship with their peers at EMC and VMware.
- Maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with all peer Regional Directors, in keeping with Pivotal’s “give more than you get” culture.
- Develop and constantly evolve a strategy to divide territories and your region to enable Pivotal’s growth targets.
- Maintain effective sales operations and administration.
- Maintain a consistent and appropriate Executive Call Plan across major accounts and opportunities.
- Manage expenses in a responsible manner across the region.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a group of diverse and talented individuals.
- Ability to prioritize projects and/or deliverables.
- Ability to drive accurate and timely decisions.
- Strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management.
- Ability to operate in a matrix environment.
- Maintain operational command of the business.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Mentoring/Coaching skills.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.