Director of Chemical Engineering
Director of Chemical Engineering (Bethel, CT)
Cadenza Innovation, Inc., is currently seeking an experienced Chemical Engineer to support the chemical process development and ramp up of lithium-ion anode products. Cadenza Innovation is a global innovation company focusing on the development of Li-ion technologies. The company was founded in 2012 by the founder and former CEO of Boston-Power.
Cadenza Innovation’s staff has innovated multiple Li-ion battery related technologies, resulting in hundreds of Li-ion patents for novel technologies ranging from Li-ion battery systems, their packaging, components, and electronic battery management systems, as well as new high-performance anode and cathode materials suitable for Li-ion cells.
The team has a track-record of creating ground-breaking technologies and building high performing teams to serve global energy storage markets. You will be working in a dynamic team with world-wide reach and collaborate with some of the best companies in the field that make or use Li-ion materials and batteries for portable power applications, electric vehicles, grid storage systems and other specialty devices.
The position will be based out of Bethel, CT, and requires significant travel to collaboration partners in the US, Europe, and Asia. This is a hands-on role that will challenge you both technically and creatively while providing an opportunity to work across several business disciplines -- alongside some of the most prolific thinkers of our age. The position requires frequent travel world-wide.
- Chemical process development and mass production ramp-up;
- Development of powder handling, milling and classification processes;
- Development of dry and wet coating processes;
- Characterization of critical material properties and performance through experimentation and analysis of results;
- Leverage materials performance characterization insights in the process development function;
- Lead individual processes scale-up;
- Documentation of processes;
- Lead process yield improvement projects;
- Cost optimization of chemical processes;
- Negotiation with process equipment manufacturers;
- Presentation of data and results to collaboration partners
- Provide engineering support and coordination with supply chain world-wide
- M.S. or PhD in Chemical Engineering or Materials Science;
- Minimum 5-7years of chemicalengineeringexperience;
- Strong experience in powder processing, including morphology control and particle size control;
- Experience from working with petroleum pitch or viscoelastic polymers;
- Experience from process and handling of carbon or graphite powders;
- Hands-on experience using powder processing equipment, such as mills and classification equipment;
- Experience in equipment selection and operation;
- Experience in techniques of powder characterization;
- Experience in heat treatment and purification processes, including graphitization heat treatments;
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally;
- Strong communication skills and a good team player;
- Strong report writing skills.
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an emerging energy storage company answering the call for safer, longer-lasting and lower cost Lithium-ion batteries – today. With our Management Team of recognized authorities from the battery industry, we have dramatically improved the quality and safety of lithium-ion batteries while delivering performance levels and lowered cost never previously seen in the industry.
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, an entrepreneurial environment, and the opportunity for employees to enhance their careers and achieve greater levels of responsibility as the company grows.
Cadenza Innovation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.