THAT’S LOVELY, BUT WHAT’S THE JOB?
Nearly 100 brokerage firms, carriers and consultants win new business and retain existing customers re-selling ALEX. In short, our Director of ChannelSales will be tasked with the development, growth and relationship management of ournetwork of these partners who resell our products, as well as leadership of the team that supports those efforts. In long, our Director of ChannelSales isresponsiblefor driving:
- Channel Understanding: Help all of Jellyvision help our reseller partners by bringing their world to life for our teams so we get their problems, pain and goals. Guide us towards delivering more helpful products and support in a meaningful way to resellers who are looking for innovative solutions to reduce employee confusion.
- Business Planning. In partnership with the VP of Sales, you’ll help create a market segmentation and prioritization plan, and refine our go to market strategy. You’ll be responsible for forecasting and planning business sourced from partners, both as they use our “do it yourself”/self-service model and as they refer larger cases to us as well.
- Partner Management Process:You’ll help us go to market efficiently and effectively, balancing the needs of ourchannelefforts against our direct-to-employer efforts. Additionally, you will:
- Assist in the strategic roll-out Jellyvision’s Partner Relationship Management System
- Teach the team to enable reseller success in a competitive and changing marketplace
- Work closely with marketing to develop materials that not only drive leads for us but help our partners do their jobs better as well.
- Tracking and Monitoring:
- You will be tasked with determining key metrics and process to provide transparency and visibility to Senior Leadership.
- Implement effective measurement tools to collect and analyze sales data and results.
- You will also be expected to leverage these insights to continuously improve Jellyvision’s Broker Channel Strategy.
- Performance Management & Coaching:
- You’ll be directly responsible for leading and developing our team of Channel Managers who are directly responsible for partner logo sales. The team we have in place is great; we’re looking for you to provide day to day coaching and tracking against plan to help them all be as successful as possible.
- Hiring and Training:
- As we continue to grow and invest in Channel Enablement, you’ll be involved heavily in the hiring process for your team and helping us make the right decisions as we scale our team.
- To set up your new hires for success, you’ll share your ideas for refining and expanding our Channel Management training and on-boarding program – in partnership with Jellyvision Sales Enablement.
- Once new folks are on board, you’ll provide continuous training and feedback.
- Close Communication with the VP of Sales and Executive Team:
- Each week, you’ll provide an accurate forecast of sales progress for your team.
- Each month, you’ll report on individual and team dynamics and performance against mutually agreed upon sales objectives.
- Lastly, you’ll keep the VP of Sales and Executive team informed on the insights your team gathers on market changes and evolving dynamics.
SO WHAT KIND OF FOLKS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
While we’re big believers that the right “DNA” and cultural fit are what makes for a successful hire, we’ll take an early shine to candidates with the following background, skills, and experience:
- An industry expert. This one is really important. 5+ years of management experience in the individual and/or group health insurance sales sector. You should know resellers and what makes them tick, worry, and win. Experience as a carrier rep is ideal. An understanding of the policy issues associated with the Affordable Care Act and the Marketplace environment as well as the accompanying rules and regulations as they impact our Channel Partners directly would certainly be a perk.
- Strategic execution.Experience with creating, communicating and executing a strategic salespartnership vision from start to finish.
- An analytical and process mindset. We’ve got a pretty quant-y crew, so we’re best for people who like Salesforce, and spreadsheets, and math to help them run their business.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. Sales at Jellyvision is fast-paced. This role will require you to excel at the tasks directly in front of you, while also keeping your eye on the big picture. Serious organizational chops are required to manage all of that in a company growing as quickly as ours – and it’s an important thing to model for your team.
- You must be a relationship builder – trust and communication are the pillars of any relationship. And you need to be skilled at building authentic, trusting relationships both internally and externally. Having mad people skills and developing a rapport with everyone on your team will contribute to your success as the leader of a hungry, hard-working, and driven team.
- You should also be able to challenge people in a charming way. Giving advice and constructive criticism is a fine art. You should know each of your individual team members well and adapt your approach to each of them in a way that brings out the best in them every day.
- A good eye for talent – As our sales team continues to grow, you’ll be responsible for helping to find and identify the next great Jellyvision salespeople. We’re looking for smart, driven, industry experts interested in sales. They must have hustle and be great culture fits. And once those folks are on board, you’ll need to…
- Lead by example and maximize the talent of your team. We’re looking for someone who still loves to sell and get your hands dirty on the frontlines. We all pitch in to win.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – the ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma, and competence for a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to play well with others. Sales at Jellyvision is a team effort. You’ll work closely with the othersales team members, the marketing team, and members of the legal, creative, engineering, and implementation staffs. You’ll also work with the direct sales team. We’re really committed to building a collaborative, vs competitive, internal dynamic (while still winning big!), so we’re looking for someone to knows how to multiply instead of leading us towards channel vs direct conflicts.