Objective:In this key role, you will manage, direct, and drive a channel sales team whom is responsible for channel sales thru regional VARs and into small and midmarket end user accounts. Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Staffs, directs, and drives a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of quota, growth, and forecasting accuracy. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the region and contributes to the development and of the team.Responsibilities:
- Manage and motivate a team of Channel Account Managers (CAMs) responsible for growing sales within the channel and to SMB end users
- Develop account plans with each CAM to achieve goals and exceed quota responsibility
- Serves as lead contact responsible for the flow of information to/from executive management
- Works closely together with the CAMs in order to maximize the primary business focus and serves as team leader responsible for the quality and success of activities in the territory
- Develops relationships with key decision makers, influencers and partners
- Manages effective working relationships with assigned regional CAMs, System Engineers, Marketing associates, TAC, and Professional Services team members.
- Consistently builds and delivers on an accurate territory forecast
- Travels with regional CAMs and SEs to assist them in building pipeline, closing opportunities, and accurately forecasting.
- 5+ years experience managing a team
- Experience in the networksecurity industry
- A proven track record of significant over-quota achievement and demonstrated career stability
- Proven ability to sell solutions to both VARs and SMB end customers
- Success in recruiting new partners and closing large deals
- Selling experience must include one of the following: 1) Firewall/VPN, 2) AV 3) IDS/IDP
- Excellent presentation skills to executives & individual contributors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Goal oriented individual, with vast interpersonal managerial skills, strong business acumen and positive leadership abilities with proven results in mentoring, motivating and developing teams.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent