Position at SoFi
Who we are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, with over 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
The Director of Channel Partnerships will be charged with developing and executing against a strategy for scaling At Work through distribution and other strategic partnership opportunities. This role requires an innovative and critical thinker who can effectively drive results for the organization.
SoFi at Work is SoFi’s enterprise offering, equipping employers and organizations with a single platform for financial wellness designed to serve a diverse set of financial needs. SoFi at Work partners with 800+ organizations to serve their members and employees.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute SoFi at Work’s channel distribution strategy to leverage partners that drive At Work market capture and/or provide new value or benefits to SoFi at Work’s benefit offering.
- Seek, engage, and negotiate high-value reseller and referral partnerships among brokers, benefit and HRIS providers, marketplaces and new categories.
- Manage this set of partners to execute a successful joint-strategy and GTM to drive revenue within the SoFi at Work line of business, both direct and influenced. Drive onboarding and partnership scaling.
- Develop and execute against clear frameworks for successful partnerships. Meet established metrics and goals on a quarterly basis.
- Develop frameworks to evaluate partnerships that provide new or enhanced benefits. Present business case for investment and develop penetration strategy.
- Develop relationships with benefit consultants and other key gatekeepers.
- Work with internal product and business unit organizations to recommend customizations for key partnerships such as product, servicing or underwriting enhancements. Engage, influence, and gain credibility with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Liaise with legal, finance, operations, etc. on contracting, pricing/economics, and SOPs to ensure that large-scale partnerships can functionally be executed.
- Inform the Sales, Partnership Success and Implementation teams of new relationships and establish co-sell and pricing strategies that maximize results without creating conflict with direct sales strategy.
- Own the development of SoFi at Work channel SME/center of excellence and contribute to the continual enhancement of product messaging and written materials.
- Articulate SoFi at Work’s value proposition in a way that allows strategic partners to understand its value for their unique member or employer bases.
What you’ll need:
- At least 9 years of progressive experience in business development, partnerships and/or enterprise sales. 2+ years within a top consulting, HR technology, or employee benefits firm.
- Experience in the employee benefits space is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of B2B buying process.
- Track record of negotiating, structuring and executing successful partnerships; strong ability and experience engaging with multiple functions/roles within an organization to successfully execute mutually beneficial enterprise partnerships.
- A proven track record in a highly effective consultant relations/sales-oriented practice.
- Capability to build credibility and gain trust with internal and external stakeholders with ability to lead with influence.
- Proven expertise in data analysis and data-driven decision making.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial spirit, ability to collaborate with a team toward achieving goals, as well as work independently as a self-starter.
Why you’ll love working here
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
SoFi does not seek salary history information from job applicants