Southern New Hampshire University is currently seeking a Director of Change Management and Organizational Development. The Director will support Southern New Hampshire University’s strategic initiative to attract, develop and retain world class talent to deliver on our mission. The Director of Change Management and Organizational Development will be responsible for facilitating progressive practices in organizational change strategies for SNHU. The Director position requires a strong collaborative partner with prior experience managing change leadership initiatives that support organizational strategy.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Collaborate with members of the HR team and partners across SNHU to support and deliver on our university strategic plan
- Consult with leaders at all levels to understand organizational issues in order to design and develop interventions that support various change initiatives
- Identify the knowledge, skills, and mindsets necessary to help SNHU team members lead through change
- Promote an organizational framework for leaders that provides them with the skills to effectively lead through change with agility and resilience.
- Provide direct support and coaching to front-line leaders as they help their direct reports through transitions
- Ability to facilitate teams through difficult conversations in an effort to problem solve and work toward favorable team outcomes
- Serve as a thought leader and influential resource to implement best practices in change leadership
- Act as a facilitator in support of leadership learning programs as needed
- Participate in managing program budget and expenses
- Work with vendors and subject matter experts to deliver comprehensive learning solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Change Leadership or Organizational Development.
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Development preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership capacity
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to convey ideas through lively examples and storytelling
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with business partners
- Demonstrated track record of facilitating successful hands-on and virtual learning and development experiences
- Highly motivated and driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Solid organizational and creative problem solving skills
- Prior experience facilitating organizational change initiatives or a function
- Experience consulting and coaching project teams and individuals
- Skilled in designing and developing organizational change leadership strategies to support strategic goals and initiatives
Typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with flexibility to meet business demands as needed.
*Travel to New Hampshire may be necessary up to two times per month*
A background check is required for employment. Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application.
Why Join SNHU?
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), founded in 1932, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution located in Manchester, New Hampshire. We value teamwork, openness and diversity, and believe every employee has a voice in driving our success. We’re proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception. Our competitive benefits package includes tuition reimbursement, employer contribution to Retirement Plan, affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and generous paid-time off. We’re constantly seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working talent to join our team! Come be a part of innovation and education!