The Hospitality Director, Catering will support the planning of and preparation for events according to anticipated attendance, and will provide hands-on management and oversight in the areas of service and F&B operations during events.
- Maximize Centerplate's catering revenue through creative sales techniques and customer focus.
- Communicate and promote Centerplate's culture and values; Provide hands-on leadership and direction to Catering Sales staff.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of assigned unit by partnering with operations in providing support, information, insight, analysis and recommendations in matters pertaining guest service, menu development, creative event planning, revenue generation and other functions pertaining to Catering Sales.
- Participate in special projects related to the development and implementation of organizational, HR and general business strategies.
- Contribute to goal of making Centerplate #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelors degree in business, hotel/restaurant management or a related field, and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on the job effectiveness.
- 5-7 years of catering sales experience, with at least 3-5 years in a senior management role.
- Prior experience in a similar venue with more than $10M in food and beverage sales.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with proven track record for generating revenue growth.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience.
- Must possess strong knowledge of food and wine for menu development.
- Must possess strong knowledge of food and beverage financials, operations procedures, controls and administration, as well as awareness and ability to perform all sales-related functions.
- Solid and proven track record for sales and leadership success.
- Tech savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Flexibility, ability to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.