Director of Catering and Convention Services
The Omni Charlotte Hotel envelopes you in comfort with a touch of genuine North Carolina hospitality. Centrally located in the heart of Charlotte’s financial district, the AAA four-diamond hotel is the perfect destination for convenience to area businesses or to explore countless attractions. Linked to 12 city blocks via sky bridge, the Omni Charlotte Hotel is moments away from the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Discovery Place, the Charlotte Convention Center, and the EpiCentre entertainment district.
Omni Charlotte’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Charlotte Hotel may be your perfect match.
Oversee the Convention Services Department by ensuring a consistent product to standards, while maximizing profitability and protecting the integrity of the guest experience.
- Ensure catering sales meet budgeted levels.
- Ensure smooth flow of information (communication) from Sales to Banquet Services and the Food & Beverage Department.
- Prospect and establish an expanding base of accounts.
- Monitor and evaluate, on a continuous basis, the level of service maintained by the Banquet Department.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly Banquet & Catering forecasts as requested to monitor business flow accurately.
- Prepare Catering Sales Action Plans, on a quadrimestral basis in order to focus on client needs and maximize gap periods.
- Prepare performance benchmarks for Catering Account Executives and Convention Coordinator on monthly and quadrimestral basis.
- Prepare six month rolling forecast and analysis.
- Ensure that the department standards are met and that all company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Perform annual performance reviews for all Catering Sales & Convention Services Managers.
- Have a working knowledge of Food & Beverage product offerings.
- Attend/Conduct all designates Sales and Banquet meetings.
- Plan, evaluate, organize and direct the activities of the Convention Services Managers.
- Establish and maintain rapport with outside purveyors, who provide services for the Hotel and its guests through the Convention Services Department.
- Forecasts banquet food, beverage, and room rental revenues on an annual, monthly, and weekly basis.
- Attend weekly staff and group resume meetings.
- Tours the hotel function space and spot checks meeting room setups.
- Ensure that the desired level of quality is maintained in all meeting room sets on a continuing basis.
- Ensure that all file turnover requirements are fulfilled.
- Oversee the coordination of the Delphi Function Diary.
- Attend hotel meetings as required.
- Conduct one on one meetings with all of the Catering/CS team.
- Review daily revenues to ensure covers and average checks are posted correctly.
- Assist with lobby duty coverage.
- Participate in daily and/or weekly Catering/Convention Services meetings as assigned.
- Assist with the career development of sales/catering assistants.
- Support a positive work environment of employee growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service.
- Represent the Omni Brand and Culture at all times; meeting the expectations outlined in the Omni leadership competencies
- Promote a high quality company image by demonstrating professionalism to both clients and colleagues.
- Be actively engaged with our guests and hotel associates, demonstrating and rewarding Power of One behaviors
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Director of Catering & Convention Services or Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Must have Associate’s degree or higher and/or a minimum of 5 years as a Assistant Director or similar or similar position in a 4-diamond hotel
- Able to work flexible schedule and holidays.
- Able to maintain organizational image by demonstrating high quality guest service at all time to both internal and external customers.
- Able to collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Able to manage multiple tasks at all times and have excellent organizational skills.
- Able to remain calm and alert, during emergency situations and/or heavy Hall activity.