Director of Catering and Conference Services
5 - 7 years experience •
The Omni Charlottesville Hotel offers 208 beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites featuring panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, along with a full service restaurant and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. The Omni is located in the heart of downtown at the base of the downtown pedestrian mall. Our location offers a wide variety of local restaurants, pubs, entertainment venues, or even just to take a scenic walk and enjoy the culture of Charlottesville. There are numerous local historic sites that have played a unique role in American history which include: Monticello, the University of Virginia, Ash Lawn-Highland, Historic Court Square and Michie Tavern. Our Blue Ridge Parkway offers unmatched views and our very own downtown mall features daily entertainment at the four theaters which offer live music, movies and theatrical performances.
Although we have a beautiful property and location, our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is “opportunity”.
Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate., innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
- Ensure catering sales meet budgeted levels.
- Ensure smooth flow of information (communication) from Sales to Banquet Services and the Food & Beverage Department.
- Prospect and establish an expanding base of accounts.
- Monitor and evaluate, on a continuous basis, the level of service maintained by the Banquet Department.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly Banquet & Catering forecasts as requested to monitor business flow accurately.
- Prepare Catering Sales Action Plans, on a quadrilateral basis in order to focus on client needs and maximize gap periods.
- Prepare performance benchmarks for Catering Account Executives and Convention Coordinator on monthly and quadrilateral basis.
- Prepare six month rolling forecast and analysis.
- Ensure that the department standards are met and that all company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Perform annual performance reviews for all Catering Sales Managers.
- Have a working knowledge of Food & Beverage product offerings.
- Attend/Conduct all designates Sales and Banquet meetings.
- Plan, evaluate, organize and direct the activities of the Convention Services Managers.
- Establish and maintain rapport with outside purveyors, who provide services for the Hotel and its guests through the Convention Services Department.
- Forecasts banquet food, beverage, and room rental revenues on an annual, monthly, and weekly basis.
- Attend weekly staff and group resume meetings.
- Tours the hotel function space and spot checks meeting room setups.
- Ensure that the desired level of quality is maintained in all meeting room sets on a continuing basis.
- Ensure that all file turnover requirements are fulfilled.
- Oversee the coordination of the Delphi Function Diary.
- Attend out of hotel meetings as required.
- 6-8 years of Hotel Sales/Catering/Conference experience required.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the operations of the hotel industry.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshot when needed.
- Must have proven selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Highly developed customer service skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Delphi experience preferred.
- The ability to delegate, effectively train and coach.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including night, weekends and vholidays.