We have an immediate opportunity for Directors of Case Management.
General Summary: The Director of Case Management provides direction for the administration and ongoing development of Case Management operations, providing synergy with facility operations, providing supervision of case management staff and developing ongoing quality measurements for case management outcomes. The Director of Case Management is actively involved in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the Case Manager competency checklist.
- Establishes and updates department policies and procedures in accordance with all accrediting and professional guidelines and requirements including the six (6) essential activities of case management practice to include case management involvement in the pre-admission process and post discharge follow-up phase, assuring case management involvement along the full continuum of care.
- Provides leadership in the development of performance standards for employees. Evaluates and counsels employees on their performance in a professional and timely manner. Plans and develops educational in-services for department.
- Monitors and documents staff performance in compliance with the six (6) essential activities of case management to include assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluating.
- Develops, implements, and maintains an ongoing outcome evaluation and quality improvement process.
- Assures collaboration with the Community, Education and Development (CED) intake process to initiate case management measures prior to admission to include preliminary discharge plan.
- Collaborates with CED to determine estimated cost of care for referred patients and negotiation of rates for non-contracted payors.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Directs the functions and the personnel of the Case Management departments.
Experience: Five (5) years of clinical experience with two years of case management experiencepreferred.
Education:Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or combination of an associate’s or other two-yeardegree and meaningful and appropriate experience. Masters degreepreferred.
Licensure/Certification: Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in state where currently practicing; clinical licensure in other related discipline in state where practicing if also meets education requirement. Certification in Case Management within two years of employment or promotion (or actively working towards completion). All Directors of Case Management must maintain current licensure while employed with LifeCare Hospitals.