The Director provides operational leadership to case management and social work services for an integrated, multidisciplinary department that supports caregivers to provide the highest quality and clinically most appropriate care to patients while promoting the most cost effective utilization of the hospital`s resources. Provides leadership, guidance and direction to the staff as appropriate. Responsible for quality, functional excellence and accomplishment of operational objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 1. Plans, budgets and organizes department to accomplish operational and strategic objectives and operates within budget. Sets priorities and goals in consultation with senior management. Responsible for the finances of the department.
- 2. Plans and organizes day to day operations and activities of the department. Sets priorities and functional standards, gives direction to staff as necessary.
- 3. Ensures that outcomes of management activities are integrated and maintained in a clinically appropriate manner. Works collaboratively and maintains active communication with physicians, nursing and other members of the multidisciplinary care team. Identifies and plan strategies to reduce length of stay and resource consumption while providing excellent customer / patient service.
- 4. Organizes, oversees and leads work efforts 0as appropriate to ensure the best possible delivery of service and high customer/patient satisfaction. Facilitates communication with hospital departments, payers and external case managers.
- 5 Promotes a satisfied, competent employee work environment by establishing a climate for growth and challenge, doing timely performance appraisals, providing development and mentoring of subordinates and staff. Develops subordinates to perform these same functions.
- 6. Hires, coaches, trains, disciplines and terminate staff as necessary. Develop subordinates to perform these same functions.
- 7. Responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state, federal and joint commission standards.
- 8. Demonstrates critical thinking in handling complex situations.
- 9. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence)
- 10. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE standards (smiles and make eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; take 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer.
- 11. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Report all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
- 12. Other duties assigned
- EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required. Masters Degree (MBA or Masters in Health Related Field) preferred.
- EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 5 years experience in case management, social work or utilization management with at least 2 years in a management position. Experience with computers and related software (MS Excel and Interqual preferred)
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Current license to practice as an Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Texas.
Job Ref # 36840