Overview of the Director Customer Care Support Services
This Director role oversees the Workforce Management, Training, Quality, analytics, reporting, and technical teams to drive effective, accurate performance, and operational efficiency within the Contact Center. As the leader of CC Support Services, this role will be providing strategic and tactical direction for these teams to support Customer Service, Key Accounts, Acquisitions, TeleSales and other business areas supported by the Customer Care Center.
The Director of CC Support Services will direct, plan, organize, and coordinate Workforce Management, Training, Quality and reporting areas for the Customer Care group to meet or exceed service level performance, improve associate productivity, and to reduce operating costs. This role is responsible for providing the thought leadership for the processes, and associated tools necessary to drive improvements and to position the organization for future demand in the handling of multi-channel customer interactions (inbound/outbound calls, email, task, chat, and social media).
- Forecasts and accurately schedules headcount requirements to meet service level objectives, and not to exceed abandonment rates for all work types and customer interaction channels.
- Coordinates with operational business partners to inform schedules, forecasts, and area of risk.
- Oversees workforce management strategies including projects, processes, procedures, systems, scorecards, and performance metrics related to the Customer Care Center.
- Monitors service level agreements, monthly forecasts, and productivity with third party vendor(s).
- Works with cross-functional customer care teams and upstream business partners to gather requirements and identify headcount implications.
- Coordinates with Talent Acquisition to ensure required headcount is in the hiring pipeline to meet demand.
- Coordinates with Finance partners to align to budget and provide requirements to build accurate resource budgets.
- Coordinates training with business partners to ensure skilled resources are available to meet the demands of the operations.
- Coordinates requirements with the training team to ensure improvements are effectively integrated into new-hire and refresher training methods.
- Leads the Training team to ensure metrics and quality standards are included in training programs.
- Responsible for coordinating staff development (new hire, refresher, and new functionality training).
- Develops strategic training improvement plan.
- Leads the Quality functions to accurately identify gaps, measure, and improve performance to increase first call resolution.
- Coordinates with Customer Care operations teams to identify process improvements based on Quality results.
- Completes audits to calibrate metrics with internal and external partners.
- Develops strategic quality improvement plan.
- Track, report, and maintain key performance indicators and identify opportunities to drive continuous improvement.
- Lead team to design and conduct ad-hoc analysis and develop advanced statistical models to identify root causes related to customer experience, productivity, and efficiency.
- Evaluate business impacts and identify optimization opportunities.
- Leverages technology to continually optimize the processes and to reduce operating costs.
- Utilize the technology investment to improve resource management, training, and QA best practices within the Customer Care center.
- Coordinate technology enhancements, timing, schedules with operational business partners to improve efficiencies.
- Establishes strategic goals and targets and ensures objectives are implemented and completed within established timelines in the areas of responsibility.
- Evaluates current efficiency and success of current processes and procedures to recommend improvement strategies where needed.
- Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and implements practices as needed.
- Leads Business Process Improvement activities that focus on delivering an improved customer experience.
- Builds a strong team of highly knowledgeable, motivated and dedicated individuals through staff development and sound hiring practices.
- Manages team performance both through the performance management process and by providing regular coaching and feedback.
- Partner with operations teams, Field Leadership and upstream business areas (Marketing) to ensure alignment on goals, key business initiatives.
- Provide effective leadership to all team members ensuring appropriate training, tools, coaching and guidance to be successful in their job responsibilities.
- Guide team members' preparation for roles of increasing responsibility to ensure a strong team of future leaders for the WFM, Training, QA, and Technology groups.
- Ensures direct reports are trained adequately on new technologies and functions of their job responsibilities.
- Hires, coaches, motivates, and retains staff.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of 8-10 years' experience in a Customer Care Center environment.
- 5 years of experience managing or supporting call center operations.
- Experience managing cross functional efforts involving quality, training, and technology.
- Experience with Six Sigma, Lean, or other Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Must have fundamental working knowledge of ACD, IVR, WFM, and call Monitoring technologies.